SSD is full

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

SSD is full

Postby sellfish1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi. Got my db moved a couple of mouths ago on SSD and today i got an warning from PT4 that there no more space avaible and it stoped working afterwards. Any suggestions or easy tutorials on how to manage the postgres db like deleting some of my old data or lower stakes that i used to play ?!
sellfish1

Re: SSD is full

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:24 am

You can remove hands from your database by purging them but before purging you also need to have enough free space on your drive for the housekeeping/vacuum functions to complete successfully which is typically equivalent to the size of the database itself. Things will also run more efficiently generally on your computer if you have more free space, and PostgreSQL in particular can be much slower if it doesn't have as much free space to work with as the size of your biggest database.
Flag_Hippo

Postby sellfish1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:41 am

i have. i only purged old low stakes cash games hands. in my estimation there about 350-400k hand. it not that much. last night i started the proces and left my laptop working , this morning pt4 was shut down with no warning or erorr. start doing it again and after 4.5h i'm about 10% of the process. estimated time is 710h. just canceld the whole thing. updating cache automatically started. i'm going to do the housekeeping and vaccum and try it again. any other suggestions to fasten the proces ?
sellfish1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:52 am

If you don't have the necessary free space on your disk to complete the database housekeeping it may not be able to finish successfully. If you need further assistance please send your log file to us in a Support Ticket:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Postby sellfish1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:03 pm

so after 98h of purging cash game hands i just cancelled cause for the last 30h it did not show any progres :(. db is as big as before. i just started the full vaccum maybe i got a chache with that. curious enought i tried purging smaller parts like ,some sngs; in this case purging was succesfull after 2h i vaccumed afterwards and my db got bigger not smaller ?! btw after i send an support ticket i can't see my tickets for some reason, maybe cause pt4 was running for so long(i think?!). i'll try visualize tickets through pt4 but when looged in via browser it does not work to see support tickets at all.
sellfish1

Postby sellfish1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:41 pm

sellfish1 wrote:so after 98h of purging cash game hands i just cancelled cause for the last 30h it did not show any progres :(. db is as big as before. i just started the full vaccum maybe i got a chache with that. curious enought i tried purging smaller parts like ,some sngs; in this case purging was succesfull after 2h i vaccumed afterwards and my db got bigger not smaller ?! btw after i send an support ticket i can't see my tickets for some reason, maybe cause pt4 was running for so long(i think?!). i'll try visualize tickets through pt4 but when looged in via browser it does not work to see support tickets at all.

after full vaccum it worked <3 ty for your assitance.
sellfish1

Return to PokerTracker 4