problems with posgresql

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

problems with posgresql

Postby gastonh017 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:40 am

I need your help, The hdd where I had installed PT4 and postgres had broken. I had two hdd, one for the programs and the other for postgres and other things, When I opened PT4, it looked for posgresql server and cound´t find it and it is anable to connect to database. I had tried to install posgres but nothing happend.
Thanks in advanced.
Gaston.
gastonh017

Re: problems with posgresql

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:50 pm

When you installed PostgreSQL did you receive confirmation that the install completed successfully? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is not listed at all then it will need to be installed and we have a guide for that here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby gastonh017 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks. I couldn´t installed postgresql, when I click on the .exe file nothing happend. When I opened PT4, it tried to connect to database ("unable to login to database (posgres). Reason:could not connect to server...") but there isn´t database because it was in the other disk.

I also couldnt see posgresql in the list.
gastonh017

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:51 am

If PostgreSQL isn't listed in Windows services then you will need to reinstall it but if nothing happens when you click the PostgreSQL installer file make sure your security software isn't interfering. If you have any further trouble please open a Support Ticket where one of our technicians can assist you.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4