play on two computers with the same player name

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

play on two computers with the same player name

Postby Gangi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi I bought the license today and I installed pokertracker on two computers but I own and play with the same ID and player name.
I wanted to ask why when I play I do not add the statistics between the two computers?
There is no server where it takes the data of each player?
Thank you
Gangi

Re: play on two computers with the same player name

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Your poker data is stored locally on each computer so if one of the computers is always on even when not playing poker from it you could have both computers sharing the same PostgreSQL/database or if that's not an option you could keep both your databases manually synchronized with a setup like this.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Gangi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 am

Hello I want to keep the two computers synchronized with sharing the same PostgreSQL / database because I want the data of the players and not just the hands played to be updated.
My windows computer sees the folder ... 9.3 \ data but then I did not understand how to go on.
The other mac laptop sees the folder inside the postgreSQL 9.3 folder I do not see the given folder

Thanks for your help
Gangi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Importing hands played on one computer into the other will keep all of your poker data in sync' (apart from manual player notes if you use that functionality). If you are having trouble setting up a local network for your database then please open a Support Ticket with all relevant information and one of our technicians who is familiar with that can take a look at your settings for you.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4