error 1600

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

error 1600

Postby Leopard » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:43 am

it happens after full cache rebuild.. and else PT4 cannot connect to postGre after this...
SO I re-installed PT4, re-installed postGre (version 9.3.3) and .. PT4 cannot connect to posGre again(((

So, I re-installed with deleting folder in app/data/local and...the problem Now PT4 is working, but the procedure full cache rebuild generates error 1600 again(((

It happens for several last year... I have only the one way to solve it... Re-install windows and all progs.. But I am sick of it. I have bought new computer, i7-8700K, samsung EVO 500 SSD and it happens again

So, can u assist me with this problem?
Leopard

Re: error 1600

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:15 am

I don't know the details of your full error but any reference to a 1,600 number is likely referring to a hard limit in PostgreSQL for the number of custom cached columns and you will not be able to rebuild your database cache if you have exceeded this limit by adding lots of your own custom statistics and/or custom statistics from third parties. Each custom column has a 'Cache' checkbox - you can turn this off to prevent a column from being cached, and you will need to reduce your number of cached columns to less than 1,600. The easiest to check how many columns you are using is to use PGAdmin III, browse to your database's tables and look at the tourney_custom_cache (or cash_custom_cache) table in the 'Schemas -> Public' section.

If you're not currently using all of the premium add-ons you might have installed then you can contact the providers of those you don't want to use anymore and ask them to disable that content from PokerTracker 4 and this might help reduce the number of cached columns such that you get below 1,600 without having to manually do it yourself. You can also remove the check mark from the PokerTracker 4 option 'Configure -> Options -> Download Premium Content' then close/restart PokerTracker 4 but this will disable all premium content.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Leopard » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 am

oh, this is what I feared the most...
But I have few additional quastions?
1) should I reduce numbers of my own column to <1600 or all PT4 columns (build in + my own) ?
2) I cant find section 'Schemas -> Public' in my PT4. Where can i find it? I have only ...File Configure Hud Tools PokerTracker+ Help .. in top of PT4 window
I have approximatly count my own columns... it was about 40 pages with 45 lines with filter 'Show Custom Columns', so i have about 1800 and have to delete about 200 least valiable ones... But I wanna to know eaxtly number? Should I have 1600 ones? OR 1599? does it matter complexity of column? I have writed a lot of custom stats(...and columns respectively) different complexity.. from 2-3 condition for about 1-2 screens in "Expresion window". So should I have 1600(1599) "simple" colums or 1600(1599) any difficult column?
3) Should I reduce number to less than 1600 in tourney table and cash table both to this number? Or in summa? cash + tourney _custom_columns_ <=1600 ?

4) Should I re-install PT4 (and postGre?) after deleteting (or uncheck "cache") extra columns?

5*) Why it works with more than 1600 columns after re-install window? And after a few times of procedure 'full cache rebuild' too.. but then ... may be about 3-4 months... crush works? ...
Leopard

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:52 pm

1. This is just for custom columns.

2. As I mentioned in my previous reply you need to use PGAdmin for that. PGAdmin is installed with PostgreSQL and it connects directly to your database so if you are not familiar with it take care not to make any other unintended changes to your data while using it. To start it click your Windows Start button then type the following:

pgadmin

and click on it when it appears. Double click on "PostgreSQL x.y" (where x.y is your PostgreSQL version) and if your prompted for a password the default is "dbpass" (without the quotes). Next double click on "Databases -> YOUR_DATABASE_NAME -> Schemas -> Public -> Tables -> cash_custom_cache (and/or tourney custom cache for tournaments) and the number in brackets is the number of custom columns which should look like this. In some cases that number doesn't correlate directly to the number of cached columns which can depend on the custom content you are using - you can see more about this in this thread and this thread.

3. It's separate for both tourney and cash so you can have ~1,600 custom columns in each of them.

4. No but once you've reduced the number of custom columns you should rebuild your custom cache.

5. When the limit for custom columns in a database table has been exceeded it isn't possible for PostgreSQL to rebuild the database cache and I am not aware of any circumstance where that wouldn't be the case.
Flag_Hippo

Postby luckylucky » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:07 am

I'm getting this problem as well after adding new custom stats. I took a look at tourney_custom_cache and I just have 841 columns and 9 in cash_custom_cache (I don't play cash games).
Also I don't know how to stop a column from being cached and which type of columns I should stop once I do know.
luckylucky

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:36 am

You shouldn't be getting an error regarding exceeding the 1,600 limit if you are using less columns although it might be possible if you are using an extremely old version of PostgreSQL (v8.x or lower). Make sure you are looking at the correct database in PGAdmin otherwise get the error recorded in a log file and send that to us in a Support Ticket with a screenshot from PGAdmin:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Postby luckylucky » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:26 am

Thanks for your reply. I'm using PostgreSQL version 9.6.13. I'm definitely looking at the right database. Anyway I've sent a support ticket with screenshots of the error and a screenshot of the table and its columns in PGAdmin. I just spotted I should send a log file as well, so I'll add that to the support ticket.
luckylucky

Return to PokerTracker 4