Database deleting

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database deleting

Postby edgarasbb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:09 am

So i tried to delete one of my databases which is too big for my pc. PT4 wrote an error that some files is used atm and it cant delete database so I pressed "REMOVE" and it disapaired, where can i find it? Thanks

edit* so i found it in folder "base" in PostgreSLQ folder and deleted it. Now the problem is that when i start PT4 i could not connect, PT4 writes that i should check the configuration. What can i do?

edit edit'* so thats my error now https://gyazo.com/c8ed0f54661d51b6e04f922f0700e3e7
edgarasbb

Re: Database deleting

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:02 am

Using 'Remove' doesn't delete a database - it just removes the settings for that database such that it will no longer appear in your configuration. Also that error message looks like you deleted more than just the folder containing your specific database and if you need to delete a database outside of PokerTracker 4 then it's best to do that via PGAdmin. You can try restoring the data\base\1 folder specified in the error message from your recycle bin (along with any anything else that was deleted in error) if you still have it otherwise you'd probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL again.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Database deleting

Postby edgarasbb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 am

Thank you
edgarasbb

Return to PokerTracker 4