ICM Calculations

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

ICM Calculations

Postby RiverHurt » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi guys,

When reviewing my shoving hands in tournaments I have noticed the ICM recommender: Fold/ Push. Where can I find out how this calculation works and what it is based on?

Is there any way to display the recommendation in the HUD while playing?

Thank you in advance
D
RiverHurt

Re: ICM Calculations

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 am

RiverHurt wrote:When reviewing my shoving hands in tournaments I have noticed the ICM recommender: Fold/ Push. Where can I find out how this calculation works and what it is based on?

ICM stands for 'Independent Chip Model' and you can learn more about the calculations here.
RiverHurt wrote:Is there any way to display the recommendation in the HUD while playing?

No because:

1. It's calculated on demand in the replayer only.
2. PokerTracker 4 doesn't track hands in progress.
3. Most, if not all, poker sites do not permit tracking software to display real-time advice of that nature.
Flag_Hippo

Postby RiverHurt » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Thank you for the response Flag_Hippo,

The link that you provided shows the user-interface for the ICM quiz and calculator. I have since located these in PT4. However, this link does not explain how the calculator works. Where can I see a worked example of the analysis?

Thanks again
D
RiverHurt

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:33 am

RiverHurt wrote:The link that you provided shows the user-interface for the ICM quiz and calculator. I have since located these in PT4. However, this link does not explain how the calculator works. Where can I see a worked example of the analysis?

There is an example of the calculation in that same guide if you scroll a bit further down. Bear in mind that results calculated in the Replayer only offer a single best option (between push and fold) for the specific situation - it doesn't suggest a range of actions to balance across multiple different hands since calling and playing flops adds such complexity that it's not something we can add at this time. The push/fold advice can also change based on your opponents range which you can edit/view via the 'Configure -> ICM Opponent Models' menu option in PokerTracker 4 and you can switch opponent models by clicking their ICM button in the replayer. You can also assign manual ranges by clicking the 'Results' link in the replayer and then the button in the opponents range column.
Flag_Hippo

Postby RiverHurt » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you!
RiverHurt

Return to PokerTracker 4