My Reports: Additional Column Item

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

My Reports: Additional Column Item

Postby RiverHurt » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi guys,

When producing a hand report for tournaments I would like to have an additional column showing the number of players dealt into the hands. How can I add this?

Thank you in advance
D
RiverHurt

Re: My Reports: Additional Column Item

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am

Extract and import this custom hand statistic:

Players.zip
(357 Bytes) Downloaded 137 times
Flag_Hippo

Postby RiverHurt » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:00 am

Thank you for the response,

I have followed this path: Configure/ Statistics/ Options/ Import/ (Selected the .pt4stat file)

And PT4 has return the following note:

"Unable to import statistic. The statistic was exported from a newer version of PokerTracker. It cannot be imported"

I currently have PT v4.15.13, do I need to download a newer version? And if so, where do I do this?

Thanks again!
RiverHurt

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:47 pm

The latest version is PokerTracker v4.15.14 and you can download the most recent update at anytime from here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby RiverHurt » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks again for the response!

I have another request; I want to be able to sort the hands in my report by the number of players who "Voluntarily Put $ in Pot" before the flop.

For example, if a guy limps, everyone else folds, and the BB checks the stat would be 1. One guy raises, another calls and the rest fold the stat would be 2 etc.

Is this something that you can help me with?

Thank you in advance
Donal
RiverHurt

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:16 am

You would need to make a custom stat for that. There is a stat available for download from the Download Warehouse called "Number of players saw flop (Cash/Hand)" which is close to what you want, but if you want to not count the BB if they checked, then it's a little more complex.

I'm also assuming that you only want to count players who see the flop, not someone who limps and then folds to a raise preflop?

This Column expression will do that:

if[ char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) = 1, cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f - 1, cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f ]

Attached is a rough version of a stat using that.
Attachments
Players saw Flop w VPIP.zip
(521 Bytes) Downloaded 76 times
WhiteRider

Postby RiverHurt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi WhiteRider,

Thank you for the response! I a trying to do the following (An extract from a hand history is shown below):

** Dealing down cards **
MONSTER902 folds
mafilla14 folds
a12tel folds
komaa1 folds
POTCHECKER99 folds
vespr folds
PPFish735 raises [2,870]
Joiz86 calls [755]
** Dealing flop ** [ 3d, 4d, Qs ]
** Dealing turn ** [ 5s ]
** Dealing river ** [ Jc ]
** Summary **
PPFish735 shows [ 9h, Ac ]
Joiz86 shows [ Ah, Kc ]
Joiz86 collected [ 1,790 ]

If the player folds then a zero is put against their name. If the player does not fold (checks, bets, limps or raises) then a 1 is put against their name. Then sum the total number, this number would be the preflop VPIP count. In the hand above the preflop VPIP count would be 2.

I am trying to apply the stat to my tournament hands for analysis, I am not playing cash games at the moment. I am doing this to try to get a feel for ranges in different spots.

Ranges shift somewhat, become tighter, when the pot is multi-way (say 4 players) preflop and only two players end up seeing the flop after some additional preflop betting. (This hand would have a preflop VPIP count of 4 and a saw flop count of 2)

When one player raises preflop and another calls the two go to the flop. This hand would have a preflop VPIP count of 2 and a saw flop count of 2. In this case the ranges would tend to be wider than a preflop VPIP count of 4 and a saw flop count of 2. I would like to group the hands based on the preflop VPIP count and figure out how the ranges vary.

I can code this stat in excel after exporting the hand histories and applying if statements to the strings in the rows of the text file between ** Dealing down cards ** and ** Dealing flop ** [ 3d, 4d, Qs ]. Basically saying "if this cell contains the string "folds" enter zero otherwise enter 1. Is this difficult to do in PT?

Thanks again for the help guys!
D
RiverHurt

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:51 pm

That is more complicated, and beyond the scope of our support, although it should be possible if a bit long-winded.

You can use 'cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p' to get a list of all of the players who VPIP'd preflop, although if they make two actions they would be in the string twice so you would need to check for the presence of each position rather that just taking the length of the string, for your purposes.
This post explains how the Actors (and Aggressors) string works.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4