seat position on HUD wrong until hand played & sitting out

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

seat position on HUD wrong until hand played & sitting out

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:40 pm

When I play at PokerStars, the seat positions are always off in the HUD once I sit at the table up until first hand I'm dealt is complete; the same is true for hands when I sit out. The HUD works perfectly once playing and the HH's are written/imported, and PT4 is definitely able to recognize the players at the table before I'm dealt in, but it can't seem to place me correctly at the table. This is annoying because that first hand is very confusing with the seats being off and I often just fold so I don't have to figure out which stats match up with the players.

Am I missing something obvious in the PS configuration page? I have "Always Auto-Center Me" selected on the PS software as per your suggestions. Any ideas?
rowhousepd

Re: seat position on HUD wrong until hand played & sitting o

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:03 am

That's normal behaviour. PokerStars only saves local hand histories when you participate in a hand but PokerTracker 4 is allowed to import a limited number of observed hand histories via the 'Memory Grabber'. Since these observed hand histories do not contain any information about you the HUD will not rotate based on any preferred seat settings and PokerTracker 4 will only get that information from the local HH files after you have played your first hand at the table. If you do not want PokerTracker 4 to import observed hands and have the HUD appear before you've played your first hand you can disable the 'Memory Grabber' option in 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:33 am

I think I get what you're saying. So it sounds like there's no way for PT4 to "remember" you're seated even when you sit out for a couple of hands, correct?
rowhousepd

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:39 am

No, that's correct.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4