Downloading hands from PartyPoker

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Downloading hands from PartyPoker

Postby SuperNul » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Hello !

I'm new with PT4 and currently trying to get use to the software.
I'm playing with PartyPoker room and I'd like to get the hands history but it doesn't seems to work.

I took a look at the "site configuration guides" on PT4 for the room, but it seems that the topic has not be updated, as the hand history log on lobby > options > advanced is no longer here. Plus, when I go to PT4 to configure the room, it says that partypoker does no longer writes hands history ... does that mean we can't have it at all ?

I found an another way to download it, but seems that it won't update automatically and I'll have to do it manually every time I play.
Other question, I cannot found any of my SnG Jackpot games history on the PT4 stats, does this type of game is not supported ? (I've downloaded the app today and started a trial first, as I wanted to be sure everything works fine before I buy a licence. The point is, I'm not sure it's not working because it's a trial version, or if it's about support or configuration)

Thank you for the help !
SuperNul

Re: Downloading hands from PartyPoker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:31 am

SuperNul wrote:I took a look at the "site configuration guides" on PT4 for the room, but it seems that the topic has not be updated, as the hand history log on lobby > options > advanced is no longer here.

Some partypoker skins still provide hand histories while playing however partypoker.com no longer provides those - you can only download hand history files afterwards.
SuperNul wrote:I found an another way to download it, but seems that it won't update automatically and I'll have to do it manually every time I play.

Yes you will need to import those files manually using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'.
SuperNul wrote:Other question, I cannot found any of my SnG Jackpot games history on the PT4 stats, does this type of game is not supported ?

Did PokerTracker 4 report those hands as being imported? Your name in the downloadable files provided by partypoker is 'Hero' and not your actual party name so make sure to change the active player in PokerTracker 4. Also cash game data ($) and tournament data (T) are separated if you have imported only one type of data you would not see it in the other section.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SuperNul » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:28 am

Thank for the help !

About the SnG Jackpot, I found the games, only weird thing is it does not show the gain, I don't know if it's normal (everything in the graph and result only records the buy-in price, as I've lost all my games)
Anyways, what is the thing about replacing the active player ? Does it not work correctly when it's recorded as Hero ? When I click on create an alias and type my player's name, PT4 does not find it
SuperNul

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:55 pm

SuperNul wrote:About the SnG Jackpot, I found the games, only weird thing is it does not show the gain, I don't know if it's normal (everything in the graph and result only records the buy-in price, as I've lost all my games)

Partypoker do not currently detail that information in the downloadable files so until they do you can manually edit your results.
SuperNul wrote:Anyways, what is the thing about replacing the active player ? Does it not work correctly when it's recorded as Hero ? When I click on create an alias and type my player's name, PT4 does not find it

Your name in the downloadable files is specified as 'Hero' and not your screenname in Partypoker so that's the name you need to use in PokerTracker 4 but you can attach the 'Hero' partypoker player to an alias.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bertdoes » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
SuperNul wrote:I took a look at the "site configuration guides" on PT4 for the room, but it seems that the topic has not be updated, as the hand history log on lobby > options > advanced is no longer here.

Some partypoker skins still provide hand histories while playing however partypoker.com no longer provides those - you can only download hand history files afterwards.

(1) So does this means that I can use a HUD for other party poker skins?
bertdoes

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:19 am

It will depend on the specific skin, network and/or region. If you currently have access to partypoker.com then it's unlikely you will have access to another skin that provides hand histories as you play as those are generally localised to specific countries with their own player pool e.g. partypoker.es or partypoker.fr.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:03 am

I found many mistakes with partypoker.fr results as well, wrong rakes, wrong bounty, wrong finished place...

In the hand history files this data doesn't appear, but sharskcope has them right ! So i was wandering what they actually have access to so they get all the right results and we don't ?

Kadwallon
Kadwallon

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:32 am

Tournament level data like that is available for viewing in the tournament lobbies within each poker client and Sharkscope collates that information.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4