Unable to login to postgres

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to login to postgres

Postby Seron1023 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi
Today I couldn't open PT4 and it shows a message "Unable to login to database (Postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection regused (0x0000274D/10061) is the server running on host"???" and accepting TPC/IP connections on port 5432? "
I don't know what it means and I dont know how to solve it.
Can you help me, please?
Thank you
Seron1023

Re: Unable to login to postgres

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 pm

Locate and delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 8.4, 9.0) or have it installed in C:\Program Files (x86). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Seron1023 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:48 pm

I solved it!! Thank you a lot.
Very helpful and efficient
Seron1023

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 am

Pleased to hear it.
Flag_Hippo

Postby MikerG » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi, i got the same error. But I'm not able to fix it.

There is no file postmaster.pid in my data folder of the 9.3 version.

I run services.msc and Postreswl-x64-9.3 is listed as ended. When I hit start, I got an error, that the service is started o na local computer and than stopped.

I opened the Event Viewer and the system service contro manager displays a message for the postgresql-service that it is listed as an interactive service. The system is configured, that interactive services are not possible (translations from german...) Unter Application for postgresql it is listed that it takes too much time to wait for the start.

I had a db problem last year with a PT4 update and updated postgreslql from a 8.x to 9.3. After that I had some minor issues to activate my saved db, but I worked till my PT4 udate today?

Any ideas? De-install postgresql and PT and a new installation? Which one first?
Best regards!
Michael
MikerG

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:59 am

MikerG wrote:Unter Application for postgresql it is listed that it takes too much time to wait for the start.

There should be other errors listed that give further details but if you're using any security software (such as antivirus, firewall), please make sure to follow the instructions given in the Security Software Configuration Guide to see if that helps. If it doesn't you can send us your five latest PostgreSQL log files in a Support Ticket:

Guide: PostgreSQL log files
MikerG wrote:Any ideas? De-install postgresql and PT and a new installation? Which one first?

You can also try reinstalling PostgreSQL v9.3 to the same location. There is no need to reinstall PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby MikerG » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:06 pm

Just installing Postgresql again didn't help. Firewall and Anti-Virus are set to allow the application. So I tried to de-install und made a fresh install of v9.5. But this doesn't either bc. the were problems with sql data import. So after another de-install I deleted all folders of the two versions and tried v9.3 again... And now it works, PT4 is starting. Good to now, started a totally new db, Not really cool, but better than nothing.

Thank you for the ideas to solve the problem.
Kind regards!
Michael
MikerG

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 am

If you still have the original hand history files you can import them into your new database using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your files to your 'Processed' folder which you can access via the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed

Guide: Processed Files

Depending on the number of hands you have this import may take some time do not start this import if you have important poker sessions coming up as you cannot import manually and use PokerTracker 4 on live tables at the same time. If required you can break the import up into smaller chunks/folders.
Flag_Hippo

Postby MikerG » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Great, thank you for the hint. I was not aware, that the files were moved to the processed folder... But makes sense, it will help me!
Best regards!
Michael
MikerG

Postby Cade2000 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:36 pm

I am having this issue on a Mac and don't know where to find these files to delete. I have the same error message.
Cade2000

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4