Pokertracker 4 processing speed related questions

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pokertracker 4 processing speed related questions

Postby bdwoland » Thu May 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi Everyone!

I've recently made a high end PC, mainly for using different solver softwares. The configuration is the following:

- 16 / 32 core/cpu
- 128 gb ram
- SSD: kingston sa400s371

I haven't experienced any problem with the solvers, but when I'm trying to use PT4 for different things, I'm getting slow calculating and overall slow working speed. In examples:
- 150 hands/s reading speed (I'm loading a merged .txt for better speed. HH numbers are above 10million) - I get 200~ h/s with my notebook
- poor populating when making all player reports with different stats (I can't say objective measurements here, all i can do a comparison with, is my lowmid notebook, which performs identical OR BETTER)

Is there something i should know about? I had the following ideas:
- pokertracker 4 doesn't operate as good with AMD processors as it does with intels
- there is a windows / pt4 option, which has not caused any problem previously, with any different computers, that I'm not aware of

I'm using windows 10 pro, the same OS on my notebook.
Thank you for your time and help all!
bdwoland

Re: Pokertracker 4 processing speed related questions

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu May 14, 2020 1:19 pm

If you are using PostgreSL v9.3 then you can tune it but that isn't currently supported with later versions of PostgreSQL so later versions would require manual tuning. Other than that I don't know about how PokerTracker 4 works with specific processors but you are welcome to send this information to us in a Support Ticket with a log file from both computers and a sample of hands.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bdwoland » Thu May 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you for the quick answer!

One more question;
Would there be a significant improvement if I'd be using a faster SSD? The one I'm using now is running with 500/350 mb/s (read,write). Would and upgrade to 3000/2000 mbs be significant, in terms of actual processing speed?
bdwoland

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 15, 2020 6:06 am

While I expect there would be a performance improvement with a faster SSD that's not something I can really quantify for you. There are other factors involved and unfortunately I don't have access to a suite of different hardware configurations for testing purposes.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4