Example for calling API

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Example for calling API

Postby Naigo1 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Hello all,

Can someone please provide one example for hitting the PT4 JSON-RPC api. I have used netstat with coordination of Postman and Python and I simply don't know how to authenticate. I found valuable things like the default ports are 135.

I for instance I don't know:

1. What the target url should be.
2. How to authenticate with the server if it is necessary.
3. where to provide the critical string (pt4_api).
4. How to connect to the two pipes required.
5. Everytime I try to connect to local host 135 I get connection was actively refused.

Note I am intentionally leaving out what I am trying to do because I intend to try a lot of different things. I just know that I want be able to call operations listed in the API documentation.
Naigo1

Re: Example for calling API

Postby APerfect10 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:15 am

The API is currently in v1.1 and we're working diligently to get to v1.2 at which point we plan on making a developer hub with much better information and instructions. We also hope to make it easier to develop for.

I assume that you have already read through the documentation?

All of your questions should be answered in the section of the document "Installation and Launch". You need to register the app with us in order to launch it.

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby Naigo1 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:01 pm

With the difficulty of registering an app. The inability to find the windows pipes available on the system my python script just hits the PT4 database itself. Thanks for looking at this. I will eagerly await the new api version as I think it will certainly be a cleaner implementation. Let me know if there is anyway I can help?
Naigo1

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 30, 2020 5:25 am

Please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread - that will make it easier for us to get back in touch with you when needed.
WhiteRider

Postby NEKVapor » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 pm

Hello,

I would like to know how I can access the database in order to pull my buyins and cashes of my current session. I am having a script written in order to pull this information but I am not sure how to access the database using the api. Is there any instructions on how to access the database?
NEKVapor

Return to PokerTracker 4