Handreview for friend - purged, now cant see his hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Handreview for friend - purged, now cant see his hands

Postby PerKiller » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:12 am

Hi

I downloaded trial version of PT4 to use it for handreview for a friend of mine. The first time everythign went smoothly and I don't remember how (I think it was automatic) but I imported his hands by setting up Pokerstars and pointing it to his hands. After that I wanted to review other hands, so I purged his hands. Now I want to review his HH again - but I cannot see any of his hands. I have deleted and created a new database but my entire pt4 database is empty and it refuses to import anything. What's up?
PerKiller

Re: Handreview for friend - purged, now cant see his hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:56 pm

PerKiller wrote:I downloaded trial version of PT4 to use it for handreview for a friend of mine. The first time everythign went smoothly and I don't remember how (I think it was automatic) but I imported his hands by setting up Pokerstars and pointing it to his hands.

If it was automatic then it sounds like you were on his computer? PokerTracker 4 can detect the PokerStars hand history folder and the files if the PokerStars client is set to save hands and they will be imported when 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' is selected:

PokerStars Configuration Guide
PerKiller wrote:After that I wanted to review other hands, so I purged his hands. Now I want to review his HH again - but I cannot see any of his hands.

It isn't necessary to purge hands to review others but if you have purged them that deletes them so it's normal that you cannot see them anymore. If you want them back and they were imported automatically using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' then the original files would have got moved to the 'Processed' folder and you can point PokerTracker 4 manually to those files and import them again using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk':

Guide: Processed Files
PerKiller wrote:I have deleted and created a new database but my entire pt4 database is empty and it refuses to import anything. What's up?

In PokerTracker 4 select 'Configure -> Site & Import Options -> Preferences' and make sure the 'Databases' boxes both have 'Current Active Database' in them but if you need further assistance please enable logging, reproduce the issue you are describing and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket so we can see what's going on:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File

You can access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Handreview for friend - purged, now cant see his hands

Postby PerKiller » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:36 pm

Thank you, will try that.
PerKiller

Return to PokerTracker 4