WPN blitz poker question

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

WPN blitz poker question

Postby madgasser » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:15 pm

I was wondering whether on WPN network the total results graph for blitz poker includes the total rake in your overall amount won.

For example, I played a 50nl blitz session today and this is what it looks like:

https://postimg.cc/QBpSrfmR

I should be down ~30$ according to PT, but I am down somewhere ~100$. The rake for this sample was ~65$, so those two added together make the amount that I should be down. Still, I thought the total rake is deducted from the pot and PT tracks it, so it should have already been included in the graph amount of -30$.

I just started playing there so just wanted to know, since there's a pretty big discrepancy between the graph and cashier numbers if rake is already included in the total results graph.
madgasser

Re: WPN blitz poker question

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 am

Rake is accounted for and you can verify this for yourself by replaying a hand in the PokerTracker 4 replayer. The most likely cause of the discrepancy is your poker site not saving every hand locally to your machine (so PokerTracker 4 wouldn't know about those hands) and that is a known issue with the WPN client which as far as I am aware they haven't fixed yet.
Flag_Hippo

Postby madgasser » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:17 am

I see. Does PT keep track of the "beast" jackpot rake from the pots as well along with the regular rake? Since the rake is split into two at all cash game tables, with regular rake and beast rake rake at a lower %. I think it's 2.76/0.24 at the rake cap.

Also, is the rake attributed stat under results on PT accurate? It says total rake contributed in game currency, is this an approximation or is it the actual number?
madgasser

Postby madgasser » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Addendum:

I have played some 5 more sessions, in like ~500 hands chunks, since my post and looked at results.

I've kept track and everytime my cashier has been lower than my PT results by a few dollars.

Not as much as the initial $60+ range discrepancy, but it was in the 2-5$ range less for each session, but it was a lower hand amount than the first post, at around 500 where I stopped, looked at results and then resumed. Overall it seems to be about the same ~25$ lower over a ~2.5k hand sample size this time.

If it was simply just missing hands, surely I would have been up slightly more than results show in one of those sessions, since odds are it would've missed some losing hands too and I broke them up in smaller batches to look at results.

Still, only a small sample, but it seems to me that something is not kept track of properly?

I'm gonna keep monitoring, say around 10 more sessions or so to see if any of them show up as winning a few dollars more than I actually did.
madgasser

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:26 pm

madgasser wrote:I see. Does PT keep track of the "beast" jackpot rake from the pots as well along with the regular rake? Since the rake is split into two at all cash game tables, with regular rake and beast rake rake at a lower %. I think it's 2.76/0.24 at the rake cap.

Jackpot rake is not recorded but it may be possible with a custom statistic.
madgasser wrote:Also, is the rake attributed stat under results on PT accurate? It says total rake contributed in game currency, is this an approximation or is it the actual number?

It is not approximated. The value is taken from the value specified in the hand history files created by WPN.
madgasser wrote:Addendum:

I have played some 5 more sessions, in like ~500 hands chunks, since my post and looked at results.

I've kept track and everytime my cashier has been lower than my PT results by a few dollars.

Not as much as the initial $60+ range discrepancy, but it was in the 2-5$ range less for each session, but it was a lower hand amount than the first post, at around 500 where I stopped, looked at results and then resumed. Overall it seems to be about the same ~25$ lower over a ~2.5k hand sample size this time.

If it was simply just missing hands, surely I would have been up slightly more than results show in one of those sessions, since odds are it would've missed some losing hands too and I broke them up in smaller batches to look at results.

Still, only a small sample, but it seems to me that something is not kept track of properly?

I'm gonna keep monitoring, say around 10 more sessions or so to see if any of them show up as winning a few dollars more than I actually did.

I am not aware of any issues with the accuracy of results on hands imported from WPN and every hand I've personally checked is correctly recorded. Make sure you are using the latest version of PokerTracker 4 otherwise 'Bomb Pots' may not import but as I mentioned earlier if your poker site isn't writing every hand then PokerTracker 4 isn't going to know about those. If you have any further concerns or if PokerTracker 4 is recording any import errors (PokerTracker 4 will reject hands where the information provided by the poker site has inconsistencies) then please send all relevant information detailing the problem to us in a Support Ticket along with a sample of hands.
Flag_Hippo

Postby madgasser » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:59 pm

I just noticed I have the 4.15.18 version not the latest one. Maybe that's a factor too, just updated it now. There are no bomb bots in blitz, and all these hands mentioned were blitz so it can't be that.

It is not approximated. The value is taken from the value specified in the hand history files created by WPN.

Because I am on 27% rb, and my daily rb amount has always been lower by a bit over the attributed rake from my PT. But I think it may be because they don't count all the beast jackpot rake in the calculations? However, I am not sure on this.

Jackpot rake is not recorded but it may be possible with a custom statistic.

This is what the text version of the hand history reads like, of a capped rake pot:

Total pot $134.94 | Rake $2.76 | JP Fee $0.24

So it is there on record but is that rake kept track of in the results, or is it only the 2.76$ rake that PT keeps track for the graphs?

Because then that would explain why my winnings have always been lower by a certain amount, it has to be the jackpot/beast rake which is taken out of every pot after a certain amount.
madgasser

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:01 am

madgasser wrote:Because I am on 27% rb, and my daily rb amount has always been lower by a bit over the attributed rake from my PT.

I don't know the specific details of your rakeback deal but you probably shouldn't be using rake attributed for that. Rake attributed is:

"Total amount of money removed from the pot as rake when the player won the hand calculated in the currency the hands were originally played."

So based on that you wouldn't get any rakeback at all if you never won a hand which I doubt is the case. You contribute to a portion of the rake in pots won and lost and I would expect your rakeback deal to be a percentage of your contributed rake.
madgasser wrote:This is what the text version of the hand history reads like, of a capped rake pot:

Total pot $134.94 | Rake $2.76 | JP Fee $0.24

So it is there on record but is that rake kept track of in the results, or is it only the 2.76$ rake that PT keeps track for the graphs?

Because then that would explain why my winnings have always been lower by a certain amount, it has to be the jackpot/beast rake which is taken out of every pot after a certain amount.

PokerTracker 4 doesn't record the jackpot fee in the database but it doesn't affect the accuracy of the profit/loss or rake recorded for each hand. You can verify this for yourself by looking at the statistics for that hand (or any hand) in your reports and/or the PokerTracker 4 replayer.

As I mentioned it may be possible to record the jackpot fees in a custom statistic but it wouldn't change anything else and the most likely cause of winnings not being correct on WPN is missing hand histories. Make sure you sit out for a few minutes at the end of each session and do not close your tables straight away. You may also be able to request copies of your hands from your poker site support and import them into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' and this could pick up hand histories that were not initially provided to you while playing.
Flag_Hippo

Postby madgasser » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 am

Aha, so rake attributed only counts when you win the hand, didn't know that. Do we get credit for the overall rake in the pot when we win, say the rake is 3$ against one opponent, does PT count that attributed rake to you as 1.5$ or 3$?

Yeah, WPN uses weighted contributed. Is there a way to have that rake show up?

I looked at the cash game filters and noticed the Rake Contributed BB Between 0 and 5 stat. Would this be it? However when I add that as an active filter it doesn't change/show anything, is there a way to see it?
madgasser

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:49 am

madgasser wrote:Do we get credit for the overall rake in the pot when we win, say the rake is 3$ against one opponent, does PT count that attributed rake to you as 1.5$ or 3$?

$3
madgasser wrote:Yeah, WPN uses weighted contributed. Is there a way to have that rake show up?

There are contributed rake statistics in PokerTracker 4 which you can add to your reports:

Guide: Configuring Reports
madgasser wrote:I looked at the cash game filters and noticed the Rake Contributed BB Between 0 and 5 stat. Would this be it? However when I add that as an active filter it doesn't change/show anything, is there a way to see it?

Probably every hand you play you would contribute between 0 and 5 BB rake so change the values in the filter as required e.g. between 0.5 and 0.75.
Flag_Hippo

Postby madgasser » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:14 am

Ah, okay, thanks! That's what I was looking for, making contributed always visible instead of attributed in the results tab. Switched it w right click and configuring report.

So now under $ results I added the My C Rake contributed stat. It has like a ~30$ difference (less) than attributed rake, so I think this should be a bit more in line with the site stats for my raked amount.
madgasser

Return to PokerTracker 4