All In Equity far LOWER in Net expected BB won vs BB won, bu

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

All In Equity far LOWER in Net expected BB won vs BB won, bu

Postby juvefan12 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:36 am

Hello,

I am confused about how is All In Equity far LOWER in Net expected BB won vs BB won, but my Net Expect Chips won is way HIGHER than my amount of chips won? It is like this as well with the all in raise filter turned off. I am new to this and understanding my All In Equity.. I thought this would be a good way to tell if I was running bad in tournaments to see if I am making more or less chips than expected on all ins but came across this and now I am confused.

Hope someone can lead me in the right direction, thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.25.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 11.25.20 PM.png
juvefan12

Re: All In Equity far LOWER in Net expected BB won vs BB won

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:17 am

That isn't a large sample of tournaments but bear in mind that hands played at the beginning of the tournament are different from those towards the end. At the beginning of a tournament generally the amount of chips in stacks are low with higher effective stacks in BB but as the tournament progresses the number of chips increases but effective stacks in BBs fall as the blinds get higher so you could potentially win/lose a big pot in terms of chips late in a tournament which may only be for a relatively small number of BBs.
Flag_Hippo

Postby juvefan12 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:45 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:That isn't a large sample of tournaments but bear in mind that hands played at the beginning of the tournament are different from those towards the end. At the beginning of a tournament generally the amount of chips in stacks are low with higher effective stacks in BB but as the tournament progresses the number of chips increases but effective stacks in BBs fall as the blinds get higher so you could potentially win/lose a big pot in terms of chips late in a tournament which may only be for a relatively small number of BBs.

Would this be saying then I am getting unlucky/bad variance when alot of chips are in play but BB are small aka late stage of tournaments but am getting lucky/good variance when theres alot of Big Blinds won but chips won are much less aka early stage of tournaments?

It is definitely a small sample size, just trying to understand what I am seeing so can use these tools more effectively.
juvefan12

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:04 am

Based on the screenshots above yes. If you want to look at some of those hands you can go to 'My Reports', create a 'Hand Report', add the 'All-In Equity Adjusted' & 'All-In Equity Adjusted BB' statistics and sort the report by the values:

Guide: Creating My Reports
Flag_Hippo

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:50 am

Bear in mind that "expected" values are only calculated for all-in in hands, and when your stack is deep early in a tournament you will normally only be getting all-in with stronger hands. Towards the end of a tournament where the stacks are smaller in BBs (bug higher in chips) you will more often be going all-in with much more marginal hands, so your equities will often be lower. That doesn't necessarily mean that you're playing badly, or getting unlucky.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4