Moving PostgreSQL

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Moving PostgreSQL

Postby valuebet4 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:10 am

I originally installed PT4 on my secondary hdd and now that I have an SSD I'm attempting to move PT4 there because it is very slow and takes a long time to do anything in PT. I wanted to ask before I completely messed everything up if I could simply just cut and paste the postgresql folder to my new SSD or what I would have to do to do it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
valuebet4

Re: Moving PostgreSQL

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 am

Cut and pasting your PostgreSQL folder will not work. To get things transferred you can backup and restore your existing database(s):

Guide: Backup & Restore

When the backup file has been created you can then uninstall PostgreSQL and then install it on your SSD using the same PostgreSQL password as you are using now ('dbpass' by default):

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/ ... -downloads

PostgreSQL v9.6 is our recommended version so if you are using an older version of PostgreSQL install that one. If you are currently using a newer version of PostgreSQL (v10+) then you will need to use that since it is not recommended to restore a database created in a newer version of PostgreSQL into an older one.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4