Unsure of terminology

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny

Unsure of terminology

Postby donkshark » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:54 am

hero is IP after calling PF raise... flop comes heads up, villain skips flop cbet, hero leads, villain calls... What is the term for my flop bet in position after OOP villain checks to me? Thnks in advance
donkshark
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Unsure of terminology

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:43 pm

In PokerTracker 4 that is called 'Float Flop'. There are a number of 'Float' statistics which you can search for and view descriptions of in 'Configure -> Statistics' as well as 'Probe' statistics which are for when bets are made OOP versus players who do not CBet when in position.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 9710
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Unsure of terminology

Postby donkshark » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Thanks Boss...That makes sense... I was mistakenly thinking "Float Flop" was simply flatting the IP PFR's Cbet with Air or marginal made hand with the intent to bluff any Turn checks. Grateful for your help here since you can see I'm not quite sure about some terms.

Regarding the OOP hero flop "Float bet" after the PFR check, I'll assume the stat "Call flop Float bet" is when the PFR calls. (duh right)
donkshark
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Unsure of terminology

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:52 am

donkshark wrote:I was mistakenly thinking "Float Flop" was simply flatting the IP PFR's Cbet with Air or marginal made hand with the intent to bluff any Turn checks.

That situation would be covered by 'Float Turn' although it isn't based on hand strength since in many cases it wouldn't be known.
donkshark wrote:Grateful for your help here since you can see I'm not quite sure about some terms.

In 'Configure -> Statistics' you can view descriptions and formulas for any statistic on the 'Details' tab.
donkshark wrote:Regarding the OOP hero flop "Float bet" after the PFR check, I'll assume the stat "Call flop Float bet" is when the PFR calls. (duh right)

Correct.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 9710
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: N0R3G and 13 guests

cron