population report problem

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

population report problem

Postby akiba » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:57 am

"3bet PF & fold" shows 30.95 %.
When I run filters for in position and out of position, this stat shows "0" on samples of 209 and 154.
My "IP" filter reads: "Active Player Position Relative To All Opponent's Relative Position of Selected Is In Position".
What am I doing wrong?
akiba

Re: population report problem

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:39 am

Relative position is a postflop filter, and since you are looking at a stat where the "action" is to fold preflop then there will never be any actions for that stat, so it will always be zero.
WhiteRider

Postby akiba » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:00 pm

How do I set up a filter to specify that a 3bettor is reacting to an OOP 4bettor preflop?
akiba

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Your filter is OK, but that filter says that the player saw the flop so any stat where the preflop action was to fold will always be zero.

If you're only interested in preflop then there isn't a simple filter for "in or out of position" because it isn't as simple as that preflop - you maybe out of position preflop but in position after the flop (e.g. button vs big blind).

It can be done with an expression filter in My Reports but you would need to decide whether the blinds are in or out of position for your purposes.

You can use an expression filter like this, for example:

char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 4 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 3 for 1)::int < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 4 for 1)::int

This says that the position of the 3bettor is less than the position of the 4bettor (ie. closer to the button).
(Note that you do need the first part of this expression, to test that there are at least 4 aggressors or you will get query errors.)

Check out this thread for an explanation of the aggressors string.
WhiteRider

Postby akiba » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:51 am

So "PF" means "all postflop actions?". How do I look at stats that mean "preflop". Is everything automatically "preflop" unless it specifies otherwise?
akiba

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:19 am

No, PF means preflop, so I would expect "3bet PF & fold" to mean that the player 3bet and then folded preflop (it isn't a built-in stat so I'm not sure).

If you want to see the definition of any stat in PT4 you can go to Configure > Statistics.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4