Changing SQL Database for PT4

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Changing SQL Database for PT4

Postby wloa » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:56 pm

I screwed up and used SQL database 9.6.3 for PT4 and I've had some performance issues. I have a new PC and I'm reinstalling my Database. It appears that my 9.6.3 backup can't be restored into 9.3 but I can import the processed hands into 9.3 from 9.6.3. Any advise is greatly appreciated. I know this is a unique situation that would be difficult to replicate. My main question is which is better:
1) Install PT4 on new PC with SQL 9.3 and import processed hands (I lose my notes and tags if I do this)
2) Install PT4 and SQL 9.6.3 on new PC and restore my database

Thanks in advance

Brian
wloa

Re: Changing SQL Database for PT4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:06 am

wloa wrote:1) Install PT4 on new PC with SQL 9.3 and import processed hands (I lose my notes and tags if I do this)

While tags cannot be exported/imported separately you can do that for player/hand notes via the 'Database -> Notes' menu option.
wloa wrote:2) Install PT4 and SQL 9.6.3 on new PC and restore my database

PostgreSQL v9.6.19 is the most recent version of 9.6 and you can upgrade v9.6.3 to v9.6.19 by running that installer. There is no need to uninstall the existing v9.6.3 first.
wloa wrote:I screwed up and used SQL database 9.6.3 for PT4 and I've had some performance issues.

If you are having an issue it may be something specific to the database rather than PostgreSQL itself or something else and you can report this to us in a Support Ticket with your log files for further assistance:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4