Duplicate hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Duplicate hands

Postby AKAWhatALyfe » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi there,

Can someone please assist me. I import my hands from partypoker (downloaded to a .txt file from the MyGame section that party utilises)

When I import, it always imports all of the hands (including duplicates)

Can someone please walk me through how to import only the new hands, but to keep what would have been duplicates in my database please?

Thank you
AKAWhatALyfe

Re: Duplicate hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Duplicates are hands that are already in your database and while they are reported PokerTracker 4 skips the import of those hands. If you are downloading your partypoker hands to the same folder everytime then I recommend that you archive them to another location (such as your 'Processed' folder) after importing so PokerTracker 4 doesn't have to read through files that have already been imported from when you download new hands.
Flag_Hippo

Postby AKAWhatALyfe » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Hey,

I'm quite confused. I'd thought I'd already done that (see below)

https://ibb.co/JxDYSk4

The .txt file I download (with all the hands) every time from partypoker goes to my download folder.

But still detects duplicates (and thus takes longer to process each time)

https://ibb.co/V3bjKVc#

(Tried embedding them using Img, but couldnt do that either!)

Hope you can help!
AKAWhatALyfe

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:47 am

PokerTracker 4 only archives hand history files to the 'Processed' folder that are auto-imported ('Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk') but hands that are manually imported ('Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk') stay where they are so you will need to move previously files to prevent them from being read again in that folder (if you are using 'Select Directory'). You can also use 'Select Files' instead of 'Select Directory' to select specific files to import from instead of having PokerTracker 4 scan an entire folder. Also bear in mind that if the files you are downloading from partypoker already include hands that you have downloaded and imported before then that would also cause the reporting of duplicates by PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4