Unable to start (error)

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to start (error)

Postby John953 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:38 am

A version of pokertacker is already running. I usually leave my PC on and importing hands as i play. i restarted it this morning and since then i cant get PT4 to open i went through old threads where i deleted postied file and restart still didnt work. I went into task manager and stopped all instances of postgresql and PT4 still not working. I even deleted and reinstall and still getting same error any ideas?
John953

Re: Unable to start (error)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:52 am

John953 wrote:I went into task manager and stopped all instances of postgresql and PT4 still not working.

If PostgreSQL processes were in task manager then it was running but if you stopped them that would definitely prevent PokerTracker 4 from working until they started again.
John953 wrote:I even deleted and reinstall and still getting same error

I don't recommend uninstalling PostgreSQL or PokerTracker 4 to 'fix' things as there is the potential to lose existing poker data. When you did this did you receive confirmation that PostgreSQL reinstalled successfully? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? If the PostgreSQL service is listed but not starting then open the Event Viewer (in the same way - if you type 'event' you should see it). In the top left section, expand "Windows Logs" and click on "Application". Do you see any recent errors in the top center section for PostgreSQL? If you do let us know what they say.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4