Unable to login to database (postgres)

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to login to database (postgres)

Postby neilv93 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:43 am

Hey guys,

I bought PT4 in circa 2015 and was just trying to install it on a new laptop when I got the below message:

"Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

I've been reading https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=95247&p=343864#p343864 and unfortunately it doesn't seem to fix my issues. Namely because I cannot locate postgres anywhere on my laptop (because it's new!).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've actually had about two years off from playing online poker until recently and therefore hadn't logged into my PT4 account for a long time, though I didn't think that should make a difference.

Thanks again,
Neil
neilv93

Re: Unable to login to database (postgres)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:11 pm

If PostgreSQL isn't currently installed then download and install PostgreSQL v9.6 from here. Right-mouse-button on the PostgreSQL file you download and select 'Run as administrator'. For the two password boxes you can use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default and if you receive confirmation that the PostgreSQL install was successful then at the end of the PostgreSQL install remove the check mark from the 'Stackbuilder' option, click "Finish" and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If the PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully please attach this file to a Support Ticket:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp\install-postgresql.log

If you do not see the AppData folder in Windows File Explorer then please refer to this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Postby neilv93 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:55 pm

Thanks, all sorted!
neilv93

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:23 am

Great and thanks for the reply.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4