Slow hands, slow hud and missing hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Slow hands, slow hud and missing hands

Postby ec247 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:26 am

Hi,

Probably the most standard question you get, so forgive me as I'm sure the answer is in this forum endless times.

Past few days, hands are slow to get into pokertracker. Up to 1 hour delay while playing. Most of the time it catches up, but sometimes it just stops and my folder is empty so hands are misisng. And lately HUD has been displaying slow or not at all.

What are the basic troubleshooting techniques for this? Any tips will help. Thought about uninstalling and reinstalling but not sure what that would do.

Thank you.
ec247

Re: Slow hands, slow hud and missing hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Based on the description of the trouble you are having it sounds like your database cache needs to be rebuilt so if your database isn't that large (less than 1 million hands) close any open poker tables, poker site software and stop PokerTracker 4 imports if that's running and restart it. Next in PokerTracker 4 click 'Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Custom Cache Rebuild' and if that finishes without errors or warnings reboot your computer before trying things out again. If that doesn't fix it or you have a large database then restart PokerTracker 4 with logging enabled, reproduce the problem and then send your PokerTracker4.log file to is in a Support Ticket:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Postby ec247 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you. I tried it before with full cache rebuild but just tried it with custom.

will reboot and try again and if not send a ticket
ec247

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm

Apologies I meant to suggest a full cache rebuild in my original reply (a custom rebuild is already included in the full rebuild) so please send us your log file in a support ticket. You could also create a new database and that may allow you to use PokerTracker 4 in the meantime if there is a problem with the original database rather than a configuration/setup issue.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4