Unable to connect to database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to connect to database

Postby kryddmix » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi,

I have problem when it comes to connecting to the PT database. When I start "getting hands while playing" this error message come up:

Error: PokerStars: Unable to load hand history file: /Users/thomas/Library/Application Support/PokerStarsSE/HandHistory/HH20201120 Halley - $0.01-$0.02 - USD No Limit Hold'em.txt

Which is the correct file, I used the auto connect feature to locate the file and checked it manually as well.

And if I go to the View Stats tab I get a error message in the box where the graph is:

Unable to connect to database: PokerTracker 4 Database

But it works just fine if I use the import hands function and import hands I played when PT wasn't active, I then select the file previously mentioned and PT imports all the hands. If I then go to "View stats" all the stats are there and no error. It only seems to be a problem with the database when I try to import the hands while playing. I only have one database in PT and it is configured to store the hands in that one.

I have a mac with OS X El Capitan 10.11.16 if that matters.

/Thomas
kryddmix

Re: Unable to connect to database

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 am

Try setting a custom location for your PokerStars hands such as /Users/{Mac Login}/stars_hh

PokerStars Client -> Settings -> Playing History -> Hand History -> click the "Change Folder..." button & navigate to here -> /Users/{Mac Login}/stars_hh -> Click "Apply Changes" button 

PokerStars Client -> Settings -> Playing History -> Tournament Summaries -> click the "Change Folder..." button & navigate to here -> /Users/{Mac Login}/stars_hh > Click "Apply Changes" button 

Point PokerTracker 4 to this new folder. "Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars". Highlight and remove any old directories and then add /Users/{Mac Login}/stars_hh

When that is setup reboot your computer and then press/hold the "Alt/Option" key while starting PokerTracker 4 to enable logging and try things out. If the issue persists please send us this file in a Support Ticket:

--> Users\{Mac Login}\Library\Application Support\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

You can access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4