Filter Effective stack Size error

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter Effective stack Size error

Postby Yashiro82 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:32 am

Hi.

When i try to filter hands by effective stack size, pt4 doesnt filter in the report "facing PF Action - all players fold".

I post two images. One without the filter and the other with the filter.

What is my mistake?

Yashiro82

Re: Filter Effective stack Size error

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Effective stack has a very specific meaning in PokerTracker - it's the amount a player could lose in a pot as of their first action in the hand. Effective stack must be per player or it wouldn't scale to non-heads up situations well so for 3 handed play there are two potential effective stack sizes (assuming unequal stacks) and thus we need it to be per player. Therefore when the BB receives a walk their effective stack is zero since they cannot lose any chips. If you don't want to see those hands you can change the filter to 'Between 0.01 and 4'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Yashiro82 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:40 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Effective stack has a very specific meaning in PokerTracker - it's the amount a player could lose in a pot as of their first action in the hand. Effective stack must be per player or it wouldn't scale to non-heads up situations well so for 3 handed play there are two potential effective stack sizes (assuming unequal stacks) and thus we need it to be per player. Therefore when the BB receives a walk their effective stack is zero since they cannot lose any chips. If you don't want to see those hands you can change the filter to 'Between 0.01 and 4'.

I need to know in a HU the number of walks, raises and limper of a certain rival when he is SB and I am BB, in a certain number of blinds.
How could I filter that?

I am trying this filter but it does not work for me:
PT4 is not showing me the walks when the effective stack is for example 7bbs.

Yashiro82

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:50 pm

As I mentioned in my previous reply when the BB receives a walk their effective stack is zero so you are not going to see your walks in the BB if you are not filtering for an effective stack size of zero. We have an existing request to add information to the database for 'Hand Effective' (smallest) stack size and you can be linked to this by opening a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4