Unable to login to database error

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to login to database error

Postby OKCFTWVA » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:54 am

Hi just built a new PC and installed PT4 but accidentally uninstalled it. When I reinstalled I get an error that says "Unable to login to data (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?". I looked at similar threads and could not find the postmaster.pid fiie in Program Files or Program Files (x86) but the postmaster.opts file is present in Program Files (x86). Also PstgreSQL does not appear on sevices.msc. I was on version 9.3.
OKCFTWVA

Re: Unable to login to database error

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:16 am

If the PostgreSQL service is not listed in services.msc then it isn't currently installed so I recommend manually downloading and installing PostgreSQL v9.3 again from here. When installing use "dbpass" (no quotes) for the PostgreSQL password which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If you receive confirmation that the install was successful then at the end of the PostgreSQL install remove the check mark from the "Stackbuilder" option, click "Finish" and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If the PostgreSQL install did not complete successfully send us ths file in a Support Ticket:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp\install-postgresql.log
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4