PT4 stops importing pokerhands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 stops importing pokerhands

Postby Fisherman2020 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:34 am

Dear community,

When I start playing paker on PS, after a couple of hands (like2-4) on each table(4) PT just stops importing them into the software.

Also the HUD stops updating the stats of the players after the same amount of games of course.

This happend before to anyone? Anyone know how to fix this?

(I don't click anything on PT4 btw, it just stops automatically)

Thanks in advance!
Fisherman2020

Re: PT4 stops importing pokerhands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:12 am

Is PokerStars saving your hands and is PokerTracker 4setup to import from that location? If PokerStars isn't setup correctly then PokerTracker 4 will only be able to import/grab the limited number of observed hands that PokerStars allows and when that limit is reached no more hands will import until a subsequent session:

PokerStars Configuration Guide

If you need further assistance report this to us in a Support Ticket with your log file and screenshots of the following windows:

1. "Settings -> Playing History -> Hand History" in PokerStars.

2. "Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars" in PokerTracker 4.

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Postby Fisherman2020 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:07 am

I reported to the support ticket but I don't get a reply there. So I will continue here.

It seems that what you are stating is happening. Allthough I checked the box in PS to save the hands and also the directories are the same, I'll show in some screenshots.

But still PT4 stops after a number of hands.

PS Settings.PNG

PT4 Settings.PNG
Fisherman2020

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:26 pm

1. You are not saving your hand histories in English and you are not running your PokerStars client in English:

PokerStars Configuration Guide

PokerTracker 4 only supports English so hand histories need to be saved in English (PokerStars Client -> Settings -> Playing History -> Hand History) and the PokerStars client needs to be running in English (PokerStars Client -> Settings -> Global -> Language -> English).

2. You are pointing PokerTracker 4 to look for your PokerStars hands in your entire Windows user folder:

C:\Users\geert

This folder will contain thousands of other folders and files which have nothing to do with your PokerStars hands and directing PokerTracker 4 to search through your entire user folder will cause issues as it will not be able to locate the hands quickly and the volume of files will possibly cause the auto importer to lock up and even crash PokerTracker 4. What you need to do is save your PokerStars hands to a specific folder such as:

C:\Users\geert\StarsHH

and then set PokerTracker 4 to import from that same folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Fisherman2020 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:20 am

Thank you very much!

It worked :)

Only one more thing : PT4 has now recorded 590 hands and I get this message (attachment).

Is this normal if everything is setup perfectly?

limit.PNG
Fisherman2020

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:21 am

Great :). That message is normal as PokerStars permits up to 30 observed hands each session to be imported from tables you are not playing/sitting out on. If you do not want to use that feature you can disable the 'Memory Grabber' option in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby grin747 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Three days ago I noticed that PT4 had not calculated the correct result of a tournament - it showed a loss rather than a win.

Today the hud did not appear for over an hour when I had 3/4 tables open. After an hour the Hud appeared, but did not update hands.

After checking that everything was configured as it should be, quitting and restarting several times, I tried re-installing the app, but the same problems have re-occurred; the app imports very slowly, when the finally appears after a minimum half an hour, hands/stats are not updated. When I check on status of import it looks as though the import has stalled.
grin747

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:29 pm

Based on that information it's possible your database cache needs to be rebuilt. In PokerTracker 4 click "Database -> Database Management", click your database then "Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild". Be prepared for this to take a considerable amount of time if you have a large database, so you'll want to run it when you're not using PokerTracker 4 for a while). Make sure that your computer does not power itself off or go to sleep while it's running or you will need to run it again from the start. If that doesn't fix it then restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Windows Start Menu, reproduce the problem and then send your PokerTracker4.log file to is in a Support Ticket so we can see what is going on here:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4