Restore took very long time- several definition backups

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Restore took very long time- several definition backups

Postby superhans » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:10 am

Hi,

I'm trying to import a complete backup.
When I run the backup the importwindow shows me that the zipped folder
...\20201222 - PT4 complete Update.zip\Optional\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5\definitions
contains a lot of "backup-xxxx-xx-x" folders. This took a very long time to import. Are these backup subfolders really necessary?

I even tried to:
1) unzip the complete backup
2) delete the backup folders, just kept the .xml files which were directly in ...\definitions
3) compress againg
4) import this modified zip

But when I try to restore this one I get the message "invalic TOC".
Any advices?

Br
Marcel
superhans

Re: Restore took very long time- several definition backups

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:35 pm

Those are NoteCaddy files and they are not needed to restore your database so disable everything under 'Optional Files' when restoring and it should complete much quicker. If you are getting an invalid TOC message then you will need to put back the files you deleted, create a new backup file or it may be possible to edit the TOC.xml file to account for your changes.
Flag_Hippo

Postby superhans » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:30 am

Thanks for quick reply.

Are these optional files just for NoteCaddy? I thought "User Date and User Config" are the customized stats, my own created HUD etc.?
superhans

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:42 am

Yes 'User Data Files' also includes custom HUD settings, custom statistics e.t.c. but you can manually extract what you need from the backup file and/or transfer the files from the original machine and/or export/import your HUD Profiles via the HUD Profile Editor and/or redo the backup file without any NoteCaddy data by temporarily moving the 'Apps Data' folder elsewhere. If you would like to be notified if 'AppsData' is separated from 'User Data' in the backup/restore process then please open a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby superhans » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:37 am

OK, I guess I already managed it to get my custom reports, stats etc. in the new system. Extracted it from the backup .zip-File and imported it to the new database.
So for the next backup... It is impossible to do a compete backup without the Notecaddy files or at least the backup NoteCaddy Files?
superhans

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:00 am

At this time NoteCaddy data isn't separated from regular user data so it would have to be done manually but if you would like to be notified if this functionality is added in a future update then please open a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4