Error connecting to the default database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Error connecting to the default database

Postby RykBerlin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Hey. I get this error every time I start PT4.

Also I have continuous import errors like this " Error: PokerStars: Unable to import hand (#164894772759). Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: function update_tourney_custom_cache() does not exist LINE"

I try deleting postmaster.pid, restart but nothing happens. I atacched a Postgress Log files. Also I tried to attach a PT4 log file but the LOG folder is empty.
Attachments
Postgres Log files.rar
(44.58 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
PT4 error.jpg
RykBerlin

Re: Error connecting to the default database

Postby RykBerlin » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Also I give to my windows 10 security firewall full access to PT4.exe, PT4hud.exe, PG_CTL.exe and postgres.exe but keep not working
RykBerlin

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:08 pm

There is a hard limit in PostgreSQL for cached custom columns in a table which is ~1,600 and your PostgreSQL log shows you are using more than that. If you can start PokerTracker 4 select 'Configure -> Options', turn off 'Download Premium Content' and enable logging. Close/restart PokerTracker 4. Next temporarily use a test database to confirm the trouble stops and if not please send us your PokerTracker4.log file in a Support Ticket. If you're not using all your premium add-ons you need to contact those premium makers you don't want anymore and ask them to disable that content so it does not load in your PokerTracker 4 when you re-enable premium content.
Flag_Hippo

Postby RykBerlin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Awesome! Turn off "download premium content" works perfect! But keep having another issue. Hands are not being imported into spin and go, and hut is not displayed. The .TXT file is created in pokerstars.EU folder, seems PT4 is reading the .txt file but not import hands as you see in the screenshot. Also nothing appear in "view active tables" tab. Another weird thing is that im playing spin and go and it says "monitoring tables at zoom poker". Any idea? I attached a PT4 log files too just in case you need it. Thanks!
Attachments
PT4 importing.jpg
RykBerlin

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:28 am

Please try things out on a new database as I suggested in my previous reply:

Guide: Creating A New Database in PokerTracker 4
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4