Backing up database causes PT4 to crash

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Backing up database causes PT4 to crash

Postby jrfloyd2k » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:52 pm

I am trying to take a backup because my computer has become unstable and I may need to reinstall Windows, but every time I try the program goes unresponsive. I've waited quite awhile, but it never seems to recover. My DB is very small maybe 5,000 hands in total. Is there any I can try? If you need any more information let me know.
Thank you, John.
jrfloyd2k

Re: Backing up database causes PT4 to crash

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:10 pm

If possible save your database to your main hard drive rather than a network drive; an external drive should be OK, but ideally the main drive. Make sure you have enough space to save the backup, and some spare - PostgreSQL will work much faster if there is plenty of free space on your disk.
Try disabling the 'Optional Files' and just back up your database. If that works, try another backup with just the Optional Files and no databases.

If you still can't get the backup to work please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restarte PT4. Try the backup again then attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket so that we can see what is going on.
Tell is in your ticket if you are able to start the backup and then it stops responding, or if the backup window does not load properly.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4