unable to login to database / reinstalled Postgres

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

unable to login to database / reinstalled Postgres

Postby iistylei » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:35 am

PT4 was not working so I uninstalled and deleted both it AND PostgresSql which may have been a mistake

I reinstalled both but get the 'unable to login to database (postgres)...' error

I may have reinstalled postgresSql incorrectly there were some options for add-ons but I had no idea what to check

password (dbpass) and port are correct

is there some way I need to configure PostgresSql to fix this? I don't actually know what Postgres is I thought it came with PT4 now I'm worried I've deleted something other programs may have required as well :/

thanks in advance
Alex
iistylei

Re: unable to login to database / reinstalled Postgres

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 am

PostgreSQL is the program where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data so if it isn't installed or running PokerTracker 4 will not be able to start. When you reinstalled PostgreSQL did you receive confirmation that it installed successfully? What version of PostgreSQL did you install? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it?
Flag_Hippo

Postby iistylei » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:59 pm

PostgreSQL x64 version 13

yes I can start it and it stops automatically (pop up message advising this states an app may stop automatically if not in use)
iistylei

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 pm

PokerTracker 4 doesn't support PostgreSQL v13. I recommend downloading and installing PostgreSQL v9.6 from here.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4