Where is my processed hand history file

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Where is my processed hand history file

Postby kjls04202 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:38 pm

I recently bought pt4 and getting the hang of most things but I cant find the processed hh. So I changed the location a folder that I back up most days, yet I cannot see any file called processed hh. What is it called or why cant I find it. The location I used is C:\Users\*****\Desktop\*******
Thanks
kjls04202

Re: Where is my processed hand history file

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:57 am

PokerTracker 4 moves auto-imported files to your 'Processed' folder. By default this is:

C:\Users\{Windows Username}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed

Guide: Processed Files

If you have edited this path in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Site & Import Options -> Preferences' to:

C:\Users\*****\Desktop\*******

then your hand history files will be archived in your C:\Users\*****\Desktop\******* folder and you will not have a folder actually called 'Processed' (unless that is what your asterisks are). Also please note that only files that are auto-imported using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' are archived so if you have imported files using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' then they will still be in the location used for the import. Furthermore changing the location of the processed folder will not move the files that have previosly been archived so they will still be in 'C:\Users\{Windows Username}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed' which you can access via the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby kjls04202 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:56 am

Thanks for the reply. So if they are in my new location and I wont have a file called processed, how will I know which one it is or what is it called?
kjls04202

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Your auto-imported hand history files will be archived in the folder you specified which you indicated was:

C:\Users\*****\Desktop\*******

Since you've used ******* in your example to hide the folder names I can't tell you the name of the folder you used. In that folder will be further subfolders based on site and/or date if 'Separate by Site' and/or 'Separate by Date' is enabled in 'Configure -> Site & Import Options -> Preferences'. The actual names of the files provided by your poker site are not changed at all when they are archived by PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4