Group tournament edit

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Group tournament edit

Postby Kadwallon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:38 am

Hello,

When we want to change something about a tournament, the name or the rake for example we usually have a lot of them to edit. An option "apply this change to all sorted tournaments" would make us win a lot of time. It may be a square or a button to pick. We won't have to make the same change for every tournament 500 times for example. What do you think ?
Kadwallon

Re: Group tournament edit

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 am

It's already possible to edit multiple tournaments at once. First select the tournaments you want to edit by either:

a) Using CTRL-A to select all of them.

b) A subset by holding shift and clicking the first and last of a group of tournaments.

c) Selecting multiple individual tournaments while holding the CTRL key.

When the tournaments are selected right-click and choose 'Edit Tournaments'.

With those tournaments loaded in the 'Tournaments Results' window you can again select tournaments as noted above and then edit more than one at the same time.

When saving a change to multiple tournaments at once you will be presented with this window:

edit.png

So for example if you wanted to just change the rake for a bunch of tournaments but not change anything else you would edit the rake field only and when saving the change select 'Changed Settings'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:14 am

Perfect, thank you. I feel confused as it is so easy. I had tried it of course but for some reason i could'nt make it work.

It is working well now, thanks !
Kadwallon

Postby Kadwallon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 pm

I was so happy to see that it worked that i went to fast and did a mistake. Instead of choosing changed settings as you said, i pick "all setings" (it's dumb i know) and it spoiled all my results. Is there any way to go back to this morning version, or to undo this mistaken edit ?

Thanks,
Kadwallon
Kadwallon

Postby SkoFisk » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:57 am

There still needs to be a way to bulk edit tournament results which is currently not possible, right? Why is this so? When you are sitting with hundreds or thousands of SNG's manually imported from PartyPoker, where there are no tourny summaries, there needs to be a way to bulk edit the results.
SkoFisk

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:29 am

It is possible and the method for that is described in the post above.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 Feature Requests