Caller Position

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Caller Position

Postby PushyPush » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:19 pm

I want to filter for spots where I was HU as X vs Y. Eg: HU as BTN vs BB. If I want to see how I defend, say the big blind facing the raiser, I can put player position = 8 for BB and first raiser position = 0, and 2 players see flop, but I want the reverse where I'm the BTN and I am called by the BB. I can't seem to do anything to differentiate between being called by the SB and by the BB.

I want this because this is how I study HU flop play... by X vs Y spots and the number of raises: SRP, 3bet pot, 4bet pot, etc... In each such spot, the opponent has a baseline range from GTO and if I play against this range, because I'm HU, if the opponent varies from this range, then they passively exploits themselves and lose EV.

One way to let me users build this is to add a highest street seen by position: "the player in position <N> saw <street>" where <street> is one of {flop, turn, river, showdown} and N is the position number. You could use the existing negation feature, for example "SB folded preflop" is NOT "SB saw flop".

So with this, I could build a "BTN vs BB SRP" filter as:
- 2 players saw flop
- Max raise = 2bet
- Player position = BTN
- Raise First In = true
- NOT (SB saw flop)
PushyPush

Re: Caller Position

Postby PushyPush » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:47 pm

I figured out how to build a REPORT to do this. The key is to use the str_actors_p field, which provides a sequence of the position numbers that take non-fold actions. This field is on both cash_hand_summary and tournament_hand_summary. I made a hand report and added an expression filter with this expression:
Code: Select all
cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p = '08'

The report also uses a simple filter to say max raise level = 2bet, player position = BTN and players seeing flop = 2, to eliminate btn limp, BB raise, btn fold hands. limp-raise-call would be str_actors_p = '080') I believe.

So one, somewhat klugy, manual way to get what I want (a filter for BTN vs BB) is to use this report and then tag all the hands in it "BTN vs BB - SRP" and then build a filter for this.

I wish we could make a hand filter by taking hands from a hand report. I realize the recursions between filters and reports could be tricky, but this basically comes down to verifying the dependency graph of things is a directed acyclic graph.

Or another way would be to allow filters to be build from expressions.
PushyPush

Return to PT4 Feature Requests