Hud editor: Stat copy and paste (or duplicate)

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hud editor: Stat copy and paste (or duplicate)

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:57 pm

That would be ace.

We put a stat (or text), configure font size, colour, background and whatnot, and then... if we want to use that same text again we have to do it all over. It would be ace do just copy/paste it, or even better to just "duplicate" it exactly where it is and we just drag and drop it to the other place. It would be ace.
Erlebnis

Re: Hud editor: Stat copy and paste (or duplicate)

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:01 pm

One thing you can already do is edit multiple stats for size, background color, etc all at once. There are three ways to do it:

(1) Hold ctrl and click multiple stats in the bottom left (WYSIWYG) pane. They'll all have the black outline and any changes to the Item Properties will affect them all.

(2) Hold ctrl and click multiple stats in the Group Items pane (slightly right of center in the top) and continue as per (1).

(3) Click one stat in the Group Items pane, press and hold shift, then click on another item in that pane. All items in between will be highlighted. Then proceed as per (1).

With the ability to highlight multiple stats, once you have all of your stats in you only need to change the properties once.
kraada

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Yup. Even thought it's not as, how could I say it, "straightforward" (?), that already helps quiiite a bit. Thanks.

I think we are just more used to copy/pasting in other applications; and I think the ability to duplicate (lines, texts, stats) would indeed be quite a timesaver.
Erlebnis

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:17 pm

I agree there's certainly value to this suggestion (if my reply implied otherwise I didn't mean to do so) - I just wanted to make sure you knew about these new features that are there which, while they don't give you exactly what you want, at least do help some.
kraada

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

kraada wrote:One thing you can already do is edit multiple stats for size, background color, etc all at once. There are three ways to do it:

(1) Hold ctrl and click multiple stats in the bottom left (WYSIWYG) pane. They'll all have the black outline and any changes to the Item Properties will affect them all.

(2) Hold ctrl and click multiple stats in the Group Items pane (slightly right of center in the top) and continue as per (1).

(3) Click one stat in the Group Items pane, press and hold shift, then click on another item in that pane. All items in between will be highlighted. Then proceed as per (1).

With the ability to highlight multiple stats, once you have all of your stats in you only need to change the properties once.

Ahn... it doesn't really work in the positional popup, does it?
Erlebnis

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:21 pm

That's a good point - it doesn't work there.

I'll ask to see if we can do anything about changing that for the future.

In the meantime, if you've got all of the stats you want added in though you can use the Convert to Freeform button and then it'll be converted to the Popup Groups page and you can edit it however you would like from there.
kraada

Postby Erlebnis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 pm

kraada wrote:That's a good point - it doesn't work there.

I'll ask to see if we can do anything about changing that for the future.

In the meantime, if you've got all of the stats you want added in though you can use the Convert to Freeform button and then it'll be converted to the Popup Groups page and you can edit it however you would like from there.

Sure thing, no worries.

I do believe my shift and ctrl keys are working exactly the same (both as if they were ctrl, that is).
Erlebnis

Postby kraada » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Shift and control work the same in the left panel (with the boxes) only in the list on the top labeled Group Items does shift work differently.
kraada

Return to PT4 Feature Requests