A couple of ideas

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

A couple of ideas

Postby paradigm24 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:33 am

First, you guys should be very proud. You have delivered an outstanding product. A couple of additional ideas I would personally find helpful.

The ability to see a hand range visualizer for a group of players. For example, I could set a filter for players with n EP RFI of between 10 - 12% and see a hand range visualizer that combines all of the players and provides an overview of the EP RFI hands. Often I am attempting to get an idea for the standard ranges that players with certain statistics have in certain spots and I would find such a tool invaluable in that area. Also, I often don't have enough showdown hands against individual opponents to make the visualizer useful for an individual player (such as in 3B pots).

A summary tab like the one in PT3. I often use that tab to get an overview of the players I have in my database and to identify opponents who are both strong and require further analysis and those that are weak and I should look out for. I'm sure creating such a report in the reports tab would not be too difficult, but it is a great standard report that I found very useful.

Thats it for now and great work guys.
paradigm24

Re: A couple of ideas

Postby StevenM » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 am

paradigm24 wrote:First, you guys should be very proud. You have delivered an outstanding product.

Why thank you! We are not done yet, more to come!

paradigm24 wrote:The ability to see a hand range visualizer for a group of players.

Although your idea is very good, the use of the Hand Range Visualizer in this manner is not part of the PT4 development spec, which means it would likely be too complicated to reverse course at this time to implement your concept. Instead I recommend you take a look at the Global Player Graphs, it is not quite the same but this will give you a good perspective of average actions taken by the entire sample within your database.

paradigm24 wrote:A summary tab like the one in PT3.

We intend to add a report in the future which allows direct analysis of an opponents stats vs yours in the future, at the current time we included the Hero vs Villain report but that is mostly to provide analysis of win rates and big hands vs an opponent. Your idea is on our agenda already, once the development needed to fix issues in the beta slows down then we can revisit.
StevenM

Postby paradigm24 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:59 am

Sounds good. One other idea that I think would be useful would be an auto-purge feature. For example, you could set it to observed hands over 3 months old and the program would automatically purge such hands on a regular basis.
paradigm24

Postby Peligroso » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:00 am

paradigm24 wrote:A summary tab like the one in PT3. I often use that tab to get an overview of the players I have in my database and to identify opponents who are both strong and require further analysis and those that are weak and I should look out for. I'm sure creating such a report in the reports tab would not be too difficult, but it is a great standard report that I found very useful.
Yes, it is easy to create it in the reports page, for now I've attached a report containing the same stats as the default PT3 "Summary" report to this message. You can import it on the "my reports" page (note: you need to unzip it first).
Attachments
Summary.zip
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Peligroso

Postby random » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:11 am

Peligroso wrote:
paradigm24 wrote:A summary tab like the one in PT3. I often use that tab to get an overview of the players I have in my database and to identify opponents who are both strong and require further analysis and those that are weak and I should look out for. I'm sure creating such a report in the reports tab would not be too difficult, but it is a great standard report that I found very useful.
Yes, it is easy to create it in the reports page, for now I've attached a report containing the same stats as the default PT3 "Summary" report to this message. You can import it on the "my reports" page (note: you need to unzip it first).

How does one filter the report to only show villains with say more than 100 hands? I tried clicking filters>simple filters but couldnt find it there.
random

Postby Peligroso » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:42 am

random wrote:
Peligroso wrote:

How does one filter the report to only show villains with say more than 100 hands? I tried clicking filters>simple filters but couldnt find it there.

Click the "Filters" button and add this "Filter Expression" and press save:
#Hands# > 100

Note: you can filter for whatever stat you want in the same way, click the "Insert" button to find the statistics.
Peligroso

Return to PT4 Feature Requests