FILTER : BY POSITION OF OPPONENT

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

FILTER : BY POSITION OF OPPONENT

Postby poompah » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:53 am

Apologies if this has been suggested elsewhere -- but I could not find any reference to it in the posts here -- and its def. not features in PT3.

When looking over my stats/results for blind play I cannot find a way to show a graph for blind-vs-blind.
I can do the followig:
Filter so I am in either blind.
Filter so I am in position ONLY ON THE FLOP on (this is equivalent to playing BB-vsSB, the only time BB is in position) but NOT PREFLOP

Blind play is so crucial to maximising WR PT4 absolutely needs to improve in this filter feature. At the moment we can filter for all bets types facing a STEAL - which includes the button...

SUGGESTION (GENERAL USE)

Create a filter which allows filtering by POSITION OF OPPONENT (this obviously applies to HU situations mostly, though not exclusively)

I would love to be able to filter for stats showing my results BY MY OWN POSITION (one filter) versus different actions (LIMP, OPEN-RAISE, 3-BET ETC.) from and opponent BY POSITION
i.e. my results on button facing a raise from: UTG/MP/CO etc or SB facing a raise from BB

Its important to be able to filter the stats by opponent action - and there already is quite a lot of this but its tricky to set up the right combinations for blind-vs-blind -- and so far I cannot work it out

Lets see a filter specifically for play facing actions from other specific positions. And include an extra check box for blind-vs-blind
poompah

Re: FILTER : BY POSITION OF OPPONENT

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:13 pm

All of these filters can be built in the new PT4 filters system. Please take a look in the Hand Details section - you can choose in the drop down at the top the position of the action you want. So for example you can pick First Raiser and set his position to between 2 and 3 in the bottom section - now PT4 will filter to all and only hands where the first raise came from position 2 or position 3. You can add a filter for yourself in the Actions and Opportunities section that you had a chance to 3bet (faced a 2bet) in the Preflop Opportunities section and now you'll have times you faced a raise from those positions.

Filtering for hands you're in the big blind and in position postflop can be accomplished by adding two filters:

Hand Details -> Player Position -> Preflop -> Active Player Exactly 8
and
Hand Details -> Player Position -> Flop -> Active Player Relative to All Opponents is in position.
kraada

Postby poompah » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:36 am

Well -- I look forward ot it :o)

I worked out how to filter for BB by using the /in position/ on flop filter -- thanks anyway. BUT of course I cannot do this for the SB -- which is half the time in blind play which is a bind -- and also I would like to include hands BvB where folded PF (such as SB open-limps and folds to a PFR)-- so the /in pos on flop/ method does not work for that

hopefully PT4 makes this all straightforward
poompah

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 am

For the SB you can use Actions and Opportunities -> Preflop -> Steal Opportunity along with Position = 9 and Saw Flop. You only have a chance to steal if nobody else is in the pot - and if you see the flop after that then you must be blind vs blind.
kraada

Postby luis111angel » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Hey Kraada:

And what I have to do to create this filter: Hero OPENS on BTN and Opponent calls on SB ?

or Hero OPENS on UTG and BTN calls... There is no way ( I can see ) to put the position of the OPPONENT when he is the Caller PREFLOP; and HERO is the first raiser

Can you help me to create this filter please ?
luis111angel

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:41 am

No, there isn't a simple filter for the position of the caller, but it should be possible to do with a custom filter expression in My Reports. Can you tell us what you want to use the filter for - are you looking for individual hands or your stats in those spots?
WhiteRider

Postby luis111angel » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:30 am

I want to view hands in the replayer, and KNOW mi stats of me playing against SB and against the BB; from the BTN and CO

I want to put this filters: (Hero is always the PFR)

- BTN vs SB
- BTN vs BB
- CO vs SB
- CO vs BB

And, of course, not 3Bet pot or higher, just 2 players on flop... Can you assist me ?
luis111angel

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:29 am

You can do that with an expression filter in My Reports.

Create a new Hand report and add simple filters for the actions that you can (player position = 0/button, raise first in, not face a preflop raise, for example) and then add the following Expression Filter which specifies that the only two players to VPIP were the button and the SB.

cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p = '09'

Button and BB would be '08', and cutoff/SB would be '19'. I'm sure you can work out cutoff/BB yourself. :)
For more information on the actors string see this post.
WhiteRider

Postby luis111angel » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:17 pm

It works fine ! thanks
luis111angel

Postby jrkimbel » Sun May 08, 2016 5:20 pm

I am having trouble selecting the proper filters to do the following:
Hero is on the button facing a RFI by the CO
Can someone please tell me which options to choose?
Thank you!
jrkimbel

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests