Filter hands by VPIP (or any other villain stat)

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter hands by VPIP (or any other villain stat)

Postby montag » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:39 pm

In HM2 there's supposed to be (I don't know certainly, I rode it on another web) a way to filter hands played against a specific kind of player. For example, you can review your bluffs against fishes by combining a filter showing only hands played against villains with VPIP > 40 (or another value) with other filters.

Can this be done in PT4? As far as I know, it can't be done... And it would be really useful.
montag

Re: Filter hands by VPIP (or any other villain stat)

Postby 4StarGen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:20 am

It can be done with custom stats, custom reports and a bit of SQL knowledge
4StarGen

Postby montag » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:40 am

I've proved a few solutions given on this forum using advanced filters by SQL and it doesn't work, the screen shows "Loading" eternally. I've even let the Report loading for a few hours and didn't show anything...

Edit: I'm talking about this thread, containing a link to another thread where it's explained how to do it... and there you can read: "There isn't much you can do - this filter needs to check the VPIP of every player in the database, then find the hands that the people with the right VPIP played in . . . that's a lot of work and it just takes time."

Well, it's so much time. I think it's important to develop a better way of achieve this kind of filter, given that this way doesn't work in practice. It's very useful to review your game against certain kind of players, and now unless you have an SSD it can't be done.
montag

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:13 pm

How big is your database? These queries take time, but should work. If your database is very large, try creating a new one and importing a few hands there to experiment with the query and check it does what you want.
WhiteRider

Postby montag » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:41 pm

I'll try, but my database has less than 100k hands so I think that's not the problem... Maybe the answer is the HD speed? My HD can read data only at 80 MB/s, should it be enough?
montag

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 pm

A slow hard drive will have an effect, although it's hard to say how much.
Try creating a really small database to check if the reports give you data then.
WhiteRider

Postby bekonja » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Uping this thread.
I looked all the topics from suggested links:
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 58&t=45753
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... ilter+vpip
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 61&t=50579
Found no exact filter description for cash game, hands played vs opponent with certain VPIP
Replacing torney_ for cash_ in working tornament filter (as WhiteRider suggested https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 53#p228543 ) sent my 500 hands test database into infinite loading state; my best guess is filter should be adapted for cash games more specificity than just replacing torney for cash.
Can somebody please post here working cash filter?
bekonja

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 pm

Replacing tourney with cash should be all that is required so can you please post the expression you are using here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bekonja » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:03 pm

cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics thps, cash_cache tc where thps.id_player = tc.id_player group by thps.id_hand, thps.id_player HAVING ((((sum(tc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(tc.cnt_hands) - sum(tc.cnt_walks)))) BETWEEN 15 and 25)))

Also i tried replacing any 't' in variables name for 'c' (presuming 't' is for tourney) and had same result - infinite loading on low hands database.
bekonja

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:00 am

With that expression the value will need to be between 0.15 and 0.25 so try the following which returns results for me on a 20k hand database in just a few seconds:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics thps, cash_cache tc where thps.id_player = tc.id_player group by thps.id_hand, thps.id_player HAVING ((((sum(tc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(tc.cnt_hands) - sum(tc.cnt_walks)))) BETWEEN 0.15 and 0.25)))
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests