NoteTracker ideas...

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

NoteTracker ideas...

Postby dutch81 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:37 pm

As is, IMO, the way that the auto-notes are set up/located could be improved on to be more efficient. Here are a few ideas...

1. The ability to search for notes w/ a search box. Let's say I want to find the note "Cbet flop w/ B.P. Multiway". Simply typing "cb" or "cbet" will pull up all notes that begin w/ "cb". Let's say I want to find "CB 100% PSB on flop". Typing "100" to bring up all notes w/ 100 in the name would be so nice.

2. The ability to drag and manually order the notes by selecting multiple notes and saving, much like how a layout is saved on tables... except that you can't move multiple panels at once. So by using Control and right-clicking multiple notes that are buried at the bottom due to the alphabetized names, I could re-order them and have them towards the top if I think they're important notes. This would also appear in the player note box in the same order and not ordered in alphabetical order.

3. Dividing PF, F, T and R notes by sections. If each section had their own search box, this would be the nuts.

4. Being able to filter out notes based on # of players (HU or MW), position, date created, date modified, cardrange filters (among others), etc. Maybe a drop-down menu of all the existing types in one's DB is possible? Maybe the same for bets, raises, calls, folds as well w/ the ability to match them to PF/F, T and R much like the way the player position drop-down menu is in the filters. So instead of the drop-down listing things like player/opponent/lead aggressor you could have one side list PF/F/T/R and the other side w/ bet/raise/call/fold/check.

edit: Also forgot to add, if 1 isn't possible... Simply typing "5" will locate any note that starts with 5. So looking for "5bet+ range" hitting 1 key will bring you to all 5bet notes, or all notes that start w/ 5.
dutch81

Re: NoteTracker ideas...

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:40 am

I agree these would be useful and I've passed your comments on to the development team for consideration.
WhiteRider

Postby dutch81 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks! Hope to see these improvements ASAP, it would make PT way more convenient to use.

Also, #3 could be useful in the player note box as well, 4 sections divided into PF/F/T/R.

Finally, dragging the divider between the auto-notes and manual notes in the player note box stays put to help view long lists of notes w/o having to re-size the divider every time the box is accessed to be able to view the notes at the bottom that can't be viewed via pop-up when the list is too long to fit on the screen. When the list is too long to fit in the pop-up, going through the player note box and scrolling down is the only way to see the turn/river notes. If that can't be done, a scroll bar vertically and horizontally would be nice in the pop-up so the user can control how much to the side or towards the bottom they want to go. Some times the notes are stacked side by side making the pop-ups cover too much of the screen blocking tables.
dutch81

Postby wildcatApollo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:04 am

Hi, I think once I´ve already mention it, but i try my chances again: it would be very helpful in a situation, when u write a note of a villain (upper window) or a PT4 makes a note for itself (bottom window), the software add automatic a date of a note. In 2nd step it would be perfect, when u can set, when that note will be delete, because it´s not valid anymore, f.e. a villain has developed his game and so on. Thank You!
wildcatApollo

Postby wildcatApollo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:48 am

One more what I have forgot: color coding. Personally I need min. 6 colors more. I will appreciate this small extension to 12-15 colors at least. Thank You.
wildcatApollo

Return to PT4 Feature Requests