Fix the original PT4 version

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fix the original PT4 version

Postby Bill_Balas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 am

Hello,

"PT4 Feature Requests" is a worthy topic. But seems to me that fully fixing the original version bugs would, at some point in time, also make sense.
I imagine most PT4 users don't care, for example, that the "Any made Straight is Possible - Turn" Note Tracker filter is flawed. I also understand that, for example, addressing legal & poker client changes must be a priority. But, while in the end of the list, I would hope that after 3 years (?) of PT4 & countless updates, some of these flaws identified by users long ago would be resolved.

I should say PT4 is a great software & people supporting it are amazing.

In the end I'm not criticizing, I'm just sorry that such an amazing group of people just seem to have forgotten some parts of PT4.

Thanks
Bill_Balas

Re: Fix the original PT4 version

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:40 am

I don't see an open issue for 'any made straight is possible on the turn' - please open a Support Ticket and attach a hand which isn't filtered correctly, and tell us exactly which filter you're using, and we'll pass it on to the development team to be fixed.
If you have an old ticket about this issue already feel free to reply to that instead and we can use the original information from there - it's always possible something was overlooked.
WhiteRider

Postby Bill_Balas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 am

WhiteRider,

you certainly don't see open issues about Note Tracker filters bugs I've posted &/or created support tickets since 2015, because they have reached the development team phase and stopped. That was exactly my point.
Bill_Balas

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:21 am

Flag_Hippo has found your ticket #164990 which was linked to two issues in our system, one of which looks like what you're talking about here. This issue was closed in v4.14.25 (in April) but it looks as if a second automated notification was not sent at that time. If you're still having the problem please attach a new example of what is not being filtered correctly and we'll follow it up. I will reply to your ticket as well.
WhiteRider

Postby Bill_Balas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 am

Ticket #164990 was just one of them but getting notifications isn't the issue. Has this problem been resolved & loaded into a PT4 update?

Wasn't planning on be thorough once u have all the information, but here we go:

1) Oct 12, 2015 ticket #T170879 (3 of a kind board Bug): Last entry was yours, white rider & I quote "Thanks for your example. I agree that this looks like an error with that filter and I have reported this to the development team to be fixed."

2) Jul 6, 2016 ticket #T171029 (one pair hand (Top Kicker) bug)
Last entry: "Once this issue has been resolved and a new version with the available fix has been released, you will automatically be notified via this support ticket."

Original post:
https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 62&t=59362

3) Dec 2, 2015 ticket #T177956 (Invalid player filter)

Last entry was yours, white rider & I quote "Thanks - I believe this is a known issue related to that filter, and I have linked your ticket so that you get a notification when the fix is released."

4) Jul 25, 2016 #225060 (suits on River Less than 3 cards of any one suit bug)

Last entry was yours, white rider & I quote "Thanks for your example. We have a known issue with that filter and I have linked your ticket so that you get a notification when the fix is released."

5) And last for the flawed filter I've referred in the 1st entry of this post is:

Board Texture > board connectedness > board connectedness Turn > Any Made Straight is Possible.

According to my 11 GB database, I estimated this doesn't filter about 5% of hands.

Just out of curiosity I can say I opted to build a "all possible boards" code to substitute this filter, which comes to about 100k caracters code. Having then several custom coded stats witch include this filter, the consequence is putting up with a 10 day long full cache rebuiding process. I'll attach a printscreen so u wont think I've been drinking. Not computer specs no, my PC has 1 year only & the cache rebuiding length has been growing as I added new custom stats.
So just this one unresolved filter has significant implications on "performance", as far I can experience.

So 6 bugged filters. How many have been resolved & loaded into a PT4 update?
Attachments
243h.png
Bill_Balas

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:02 am

You're right that these other issues have not been fixed yet. I have reminded the development team about them for you.
#2 is not technically a bug, but it does require a change - the kicker strength currently takes into account two cards when there's a pair on board, which is confusing and we'll be changing that to use a single card. I don't think that will be changed any time soon though, as it's a pretty significant change (not technically, but from the effect it would have elsewhere).

The original issue should be fixed in the current PT4 version - if you have hands which are not being filtered correctly in v4.14.26 please attach examples to your ticket and I'll follow them up.
WhiteRider

Return to PT4 Feature Requests