Manual Hand Entry

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Manual Hand Entry

Postby PrivatePyle99 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Okay, just some quick history. I studied chess pretty hard for 3 years. I'm talking 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week. I'm autistic, so I get a bit obsessed.

The reason I mention this is because ChessBase (a chess database) is the greatest chess program there is. I was hoping Poker Tracker 4 would be similar, and it is in most ways, but there's one feature missing that ruins the whole thing.

I'm using the trial version, and I planned on purchasing this as soon as I get paid, but I won't without being able to manually enter my hands into the database. I play on a site where I can see my hand histories after I play, but I can't export them. ChessBase had a way where you could open a board and make all the moves for both players that you played in a live game, then save that game to the database. It imported online hands, but being able to enter your live games was essential.

I was a software engineer for 13 years for a fortune 500 company. This would be so easy to add, I can't understand why it's not there. You just create a table like the replayer, but let the player make all the plays during the hand. Have a few fields where they can enter the general info (date/time/stack sizes, etc) and then have a save button, where if everything was entered correctly, it saves the hand to the database.

Such an easy thing, but critical. Without it, the software is useless to me. With it, I'd pay $100 in a heartbeat. I'd really like to use your software.

Sorry it's so long, but I wanted to let you know why I wouldn't be purchasing after my free trial.
PrivatePyle99

Return to PT4 Feature Requests