Notetracker and Global Filter Options

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Notetracker and Global Filter Options

Postby Swerve » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi, I've run into some problems trying to filter for (what I think are) fairly standard spots, because of the limitations of the filter system (I can be more specific or link previous posts if anyone cares to hear more). Moreover, in Notetracker, there's no way to create custom filters. With that in mind, I have a few suggestions for some options which imo could make things vastly easier and which probably wouldn't be too hard to implement.

- Under Actions and Opportunities -> Bet-Sizing, it would be very useful if, in addition to "% of pot" and "BB" type options, there was a "% of stack" option. That way you wouldn't have to rely on indirect sensors for determining (non-raise) "all-ins", such as post-flop actions or post-flop SPR, which can leave loopholes.

- It would be very useful to be able to filter the actions/stacks/sizings etc for more than just one opponent. I could envision this happening in the form of being able to add additional "Opponent Buttons" as needed (up to a reasonable limit) in Notetracker note editing. As it stands now, action sequencing (first action = " ", second action = " ", etc) can't really account for multiple opponent's actions, since it could just be two players doing a sequence of actions. And there already is one Opponent button, with its own filtering tables, which is nice, but not enough for many not-that-uncommon things. Seems a decent idea to be able to add more buttons, or add an option for users to add more during use, using a similar separate filter-table approach.

- Specific to Notetracker: Sorting things in proper/congruent order. I noticed using a "Donks flop with top-pair or better with {cardrange} on {board-flop}" auto-note that the {cardrange} and {board-flop} are not sorted in the same order. i.e.: one player's note said something like "Donks flop with top pair or better with {JT, KJ} on {Jxx, Txx}", where we see that the JT must necessarily refer to the T-high flop, and the KJ must then refer to the J-high flop. But the JT is listed first in its list, while its "match", the T-high flop, is listed second in its list. I was able to figure out the discrepancy with these two examples, but obviously with more and/or different examples it could be impossible to tell which hand belongs with which board if they're not in the same order in their respective lists.

- last and definitely least (but still would be nice, and pretty sure it's trivial to implement with no down-side): I mentioned this already during a support ticket, but an automatic word-wrap/margin limit for the tool-tip seen when hovering over Notes during play would eliminate some headache. I posted an example in a thread where if you don't use carriage returns while typing, the tool-tip actually gets large enough to shift off-screen and look very ugly. The problem being that, when you actually type the notes, the text-box itself DOES auto word wrap, so you instinctually don't think to use carriage returns as you type. You only realize you need them after-the-fact when a huge ugly yellow block appears across your entire screen in the middle of mutli-tabling.
Swerve

Re: Notetracker and Global Filter Options

Postby Swerve » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:41 pm

Oh, and also: A confirmation before closing PT4. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hit the red X in the right-hand corner and closed PT4 unintentionally in the middle of play. As is common for most programs, an "Are you sure you want to exit?" confirmation message is desperarely needed.
Swerve

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:35 am

Thanks for your well-written suggestions. I will pass them on to the development team for future consideration.

In the meantime NoteCaddy (which is currently in beta) allows some of this type of extra detail in notes, beyond what is possible in NoteTracker.
WhiteRider

Postby Swerve » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:44 am

Thanks, I actually did see NoteCaddy being talked about in the update thread after posting in here, and decided to give it a try. Although in the end it sounds like it won't be free indefinitely, so all in all I'm more interested in Notettracker's functions. It is tough to filter for certain common spots as it stands, hence my suggestions, but I'm still relatively new to the HUD game, and have been taking my notes manually for years, so overall I'm still pretty pleased to have any auto-note functionality.
Swerve

Postby Swerve » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi, I have a few other suggestions/requests I'd like to make, so I thought I'd just use this same thread. My requests again center around Notetracker behaviour. I've attached a screenshot just to be clearer with what I am talking about for [1] and [2].

- [1] I'd like the order of the notes to be sorted in the same order as they are when I create them. For instance, I've created some definitions that are very similar from one to the next, but each covers a different position or range of positions, and/or different stack sizes. And I have them in my editor in, say, ascending position, starting with E1, E2, etc and moving through eventually to the BTN and blinds, or in, say, ascending order regarding stack sizes. So the notes look exactly the same except for the stated positions or sizings; this practice is then repeated for various notes for various actions, where I put each action's note grouping in the same positional and stack size order for easier, at-a-glance reading. But then it does not show up in the same order in Notetracker during play. I assume it writes in order of occurrence without any sorting process at all, but this makes it difficult to parse/read the info in real time during play, especially with a lot of notes. It would be helpful if notes were kept as expected in the same order that I manually sorted them within the editor. (see screenshot)

- [2] When definitions are being created or edited, it would be tremendously helpful if you could hover over, or perhaps right-click, on the note definition within the editor and have it show the actual, full path of the note within the filter list. What I mean is, some notes once created don't specify from what subgroup that action was taken. For instance, if I go to "Actions and Opportunities - Flop" and Select "Flop Folds" followed by "Folded to Float bet", and add this note, it will now show in the filer list "Folded to Float Bet". But if I do the same action for the turn and then the river, the filter list will just show 3 filters that all say "Folded to Float Bet" and it's impossible to tell which is which by looking at them. This is problematic when going back to check on previously created or downloaded notes - or even when creating large batches of notes quickly, sometimes I worry I just made a mistake and, say, clicked the wrong street when choosing, and I want to double check for accuracy before i label and save. But it's not really possible to tell at a glance where many of the notes come from (some are labeled better than others) and therefore to restore certainty, one must start over with a new note from scratch. One easy solution here I believe would be to display the full path of that note when hovering or right-clicking on a filter within the filter list. (see screenshot)

- It wold be nice if the {cardrange} command in the note editor caused specific hole cards to be listed instead of just the hand type. i.e.: AhKh as opposed to just AKs. This is similar to the sorting problem I referenced in my first post in this thread, where a note such as "cBet flop with {cardrange} on {board-flop}" doesn't sort its lists in the right order and thus once a few notes have been recorded it's sometimes impossible to match up the correct hole cards with the correct board. In this case of non-specific hole cards. I'm running into a similar problem where the {board-flop} returns something specific like, say, {Kh5h4h}, but the matching {cardrange} tells me the player had only "AQs". Did they have a flush? Who knows! I realize I can go through and create separate notes, specifying hand strengths of each one so that there is a different note for "flush" or "flush draw" or "top pair or better", etc. But the problem there is that I already have almost 200 notes, and growing, given that I separate for position, stacks sizing, etc. If I have to go though and separate all post flop hand strengths into separate notes, that will add quite a bit to the burden of both creation time and trying to read an overfull list during play. However, an easy opportunity seems to be here to mitigate this; if the notes were sorted properly to match hole cards to the relevant board, and if the {cardrange} command listed suits like the {board-street} commands do, then it wouldn't be necessary to further split note definitions for varying hand strengths - it would just list all the hand/board combos that the person took a particular action with. Which would save a lot of headache imo, especially when you consider things like backdoor draws and other small details you may want to be aware of but don't want to have 5 extra notes addressing. Also, it seems like a simple tweak, since suit/exact hand info is obv being recorded, it's just not being displayed here currently.

Thanks for listening. I'll note here in response to your last comment that Notecaddy is not appealing to me at this point in time, for a couple of reasons (not the least of which is the fact that it didn't work at all on WPN last I tried.) Notetracker is intuitively much easier to use, and aside from a few problems I've mentioned that don't seem very hard to tweak, is a great auto-note tool.
Attachments
PT4_requests.png
Swerve

Return to PT4 Feature Requests