Tournament "Long Description" or similar field

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Tournament "Long Description" or similar field

Postby nattiecat » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 pm

It would be really nice to have an additional field for Tournaments in the database to use for a more detailed description of a particular tournament -- as it stands, with the existing "Tournament Description" field being used to group similar tournaments together, it's hard to go back and look at results and remember which specific tournament is which.

For example, suppose I have 3 tournaments with a "Tournament Desc" value of "MTT Turbo Satellite" -- I'd like to have an additional "Long Description" field where I can go into one specific tournament and label it as "SMPO Event No. 97 Qualifier 5 Seats Gtd", to distinguish it from the other two tournaments, which I'd like to label as "Satellite to any $5.00 + $0.50 - 5 Seats Guaranteed"

In the existing scheme, I can separate these into two separate Tournament Desc values, which gives me the level of detail I want, but I lose the ability to group the tournaments together.
nattiecat

Re: Tournament "Long Description" or similar field

Postby nattiecat » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Any comment on the feasibility of this request? Seems like it would be fairly innocuous to add a text field to the relevant table in the Postgres database. Thanks.
nattiecat

Re: Tournament "Long Description" or similar field

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:40 am

I am not a developer/programmer so I can't comment on the feasibility of feature requests but whether something is simple or more complex if we get enough requests for something in particular it will be considered.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 Feature Requests