specify 2bet size

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

specify 2bet size

Postby DJSpinThat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:24 pm

BU open, SB 3Bet, and i want to specify the BU open size

Im using
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position=9 and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '80%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '0%'

and

tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position=9 and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '80%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '0%'

i think im supposed to using tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing but i can't seem to get it..
DJSpinThat

Re: specify 2bet size

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:49 pm

We've covered this several times before - see this thread and this thread for examples.

Anything using "_facing" is the amount the player needs to call.

This is not the same thing as the absolute size of the raise made by the other player.

In other words the amount faced is the difference between what the player has invested so far (if anything) and the absolute size of the raise made by the other player.

For example 4 handed if the CO open raises to 30 chips when blinds are 5/10 then:

The BTN is facing a 2Bet of 30 chips.

The SB is facing a 2Bet of 25 chips as they have 5 chips already invested (30 - 5 = 25).

The BB is facing a 2Bet of 20 chips as they have 10 chips already invested (30 - 10 = 20).

The amount the player needs to call is used to calculate pot odds which will be different for each of these players in this scenario.

Therefore if you are creating a statistic for the SB which uses amt_p_2bet_facing for the size of the raise faced from the BTN you need to add the value of the SB to the 2Bet faced.

There is more than one way to achieve this:

Code: Select all
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_blinds.amt_sb

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_blind

tourney_blinds.amt_sb is the value of the small blind.

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_blind is the value of the blind posted by the player.

If, for example, you wanted to do the same thing but for this statistic the SB open limped and then faced a 2Bet from the BB then by this point the SB has invested 1BB and not 0.5BB:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_blinds.amt_bb

Finally all these values are in chips so if you want to test the size of raise faced in big blinds then you will need to divide things by tourney_blinds.amt_bb.

Therefore if you want to count when the SB was facing a button raise of 3BB then that would be:

((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_blinds.amt_sb) /  tourney_blinds.amt_bb) = 3

or

((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_blind) /  tourney_blinds.amt_bb) = 3
Flag_Hippo

Postby DJSpinThat » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:17 pm

Thanks for your reply, yah, thats what i thought, thats why im so confused as to why i don't get any results when i added in
((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_blind) / tourney_blinds.amt_bb) -> even >0, to the original columns.

The hands show up to the original columns created, but after i add in this, it doesn't show up anymore... doesn't make sense
DJSpinThat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 am

Is this in a custom statistic or a custom filter expression? Give specific details about exactly what you are doing and where. Include screenshots if necessary and make sure to give the exact/entire expression you are using from start to finish that isn't giving you data. Paste the entire code you are using in your next reply, highlight it and click the code button so it ends up in a box like this:

your complete expression here
Flag_Hippo

Postby DJSpinThat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:27 pm

thanks for the detailed explanation, i believe i understand the _facing part, but its also nice to have this back to refer to for me and others who are confused about it. Thank you.

I'm trying to make BU raise, and folds to a PF 3bet (initial raiser is IP - BU)

so 3H, BU raise, and there is a 3bet (or more) that happens,and when action is back to BU, the BU folds.

I started with the "Fold to PF 3Bet After Raise IP" stat, (please correct me if anywhere along the way)

(cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold_when_open_raised_ip / cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_when_open_raised_ip) * 100

cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold_when_open_raised_ip:
char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='F' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1)::int > tourney_hand_player_statistics.position

cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_when_open_raised_ip:
char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1)::int > tourney_hand_player_statistics.position

After testing in the expression filter, i get a bunch of different scenarios i don't want, so to break it down, the exact scenarios would be:

BU raise (this is what i was asking initially - specify BU raise size)

1. BU raise, SB fold, BB 3Bets, BU fold
2. BU raise, SB 3Bet, BB fold, BU fold
3. BU raise SB call, BB 3B, BU fold
4. BU raise, SB 3bet, BB calls, BU fold
(if SB has bigger stack than BB, then BB calls and is AI), BU folds
(if SB has smaller stack than BB, then its just a cold call of 3B), BU folds
5. BU raise, SB 3bet, BB 4bet, BU fold
(only if SB has smaller stack than BB, a 4bet is possible)

So i guess i have to use agg and actors?, which would be:

agg 808
act 08

agg 809
act 09

agg 808
act 09

agg 809
act 098

5. --> this is covered in scenario 2 since 809% will include 8098 and 09% will include 098, so i believe 5. is not required
agg 8098
act 098

Scenerio 1-4 would be:
tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '808%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '08%'
tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%'
tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '808%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%'
tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '098%'

Q1 is this even correct? or am i way off the rails here
Q2 im assuming this would work if i add all 4 of this to the original stat and connect using "OR"? so:

Raise BU (IP) and F to 3Bet+
(cnt_p_3bet_def_action_fold_BU / cnt_p_3bet_def_opp_BU)

sum(if[char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='F'  AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1)::int > tourney_hand_player_statistics.position and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '808%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '08%' or tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%' or tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '808%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%' or tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '098%, 1, 0])

sum(if[char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p) >= 3 and tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp  AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND substring(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p from 3 for 1)::int > tourney_hand_player_statistics.position  and tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '808%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '08%' or tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%' or tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '808%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%' or tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p LIKE '809%' and tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '098%', 1, 0])

Q3 and then back to my initial inquiry of, how to specify BU MR or BU 3x etc.? i tried adding "and tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / tourney_blinds.amt_bb = 2" for MR, but when checking the hands in filter expression, i found a hand where BU 5x, or BU OS w 8bb etc... so i was confused. Is there a way to specify the first raise size since we are using " tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise" in our columns?

Sorry for the long post and being annoying, just trying to be as detailed as possible and trying to understand this.
DJSpinThat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:03 am

DJSpinThat wrote:Q1 is this even correct? or am i way off the rails here

You are over complicating things. Using 'Fold to PF 3Bet After Steal' would be simpler and you would just need to add tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0 to the default columns (or set the position in the HUD Profile Editor):

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='F' and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0, 1, 0])

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0, 1, 0])

DJSpinThat wrote:Q2 im assuming this would work if i add all 4 of this to the original stat and connect using "OR"? so:

DJSpinThat wrote:Q3 and then back to my initial inquiry of, how to specify BU MR or BU 3x etc.? i tried adding "and tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_made / tourney_blinds.amt_bb = 2" for MR, but when checking the hands in filter expression, i found a hand where BU 5x, or BU OS w 8bb etc... so i was confused

You are using several ORs but without using any brackets in your expressions some parts can be true without having to depend on the other things you want to be true and this is why things are not working. By using brackets you can ensure that things are applied exactly as you want them. For example:

red and (blue and yellow) or (green and orange)

red and blue and (yellow or green) and orange
Flag_Hippo

Postby DJSpinThat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:17 pm

Thank you for the reply.

When testing in Edit Existing Expression Filters, just trying the following separately works fine:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att
tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0
tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='F'

but when i try the following:
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='F'
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0

or the first code provided of:
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_p_3bet_action='F' and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0

or the second code provided of:
tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_steal_att AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0

i get the red "Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: syntax error at or near.... ) - see attached screenshot (all the same but this one is from second code)

Do you get the error msg as well?
I tried in two diff database and get the same results.
Attachments
Error msg.png
DJSpinThat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:11 pm

There can be an issue when using 'AND' (uppercase) within an expression filter on a hand report. Things will work if you either change the hand dropdown to 'All Hands' or if you edit the expression to use only lowercase 'and'.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles