River spots for callin and betting

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

River spots for callin and betting

Postby mynameismars1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:43 pm

I was looking at my DB and I was trying to see how much money I am making by calling with TP on the river. I only used filter called river bet and hole card TP. I was looking at graph and it was slightly down which was strange to me at first, but then I realized that if I fold I lose even more, right? Anyway is there a way I could get "combined" results so overall how my specific hand category is doing including folding?
Also same with bluffing river it shows me losing numbers but what would be the easiest way to compare that to checking and possibly losing even more.

If pt4 cant do that is there a software that can.
mynameismars1

Re: River spots for callin and betting

Postby mynameismars1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 pm

I didnt find "edit post". I have one more question is it possible to check "profitability" for only one street (river in that case) while ignoring previous streets so check would always be at least 0 folding would be 0 etc.
Or is the only way to get "average pot size on the river" and then comapre and substract from that?
mynameismars1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:17 am

mynameismars1 wrote:I was looking at my DB and I was trying to see how much money I am making by calling with TP on the river. I only used filter called river bet and hole card TP. I was looking at graph and it was slightly down which was strange to me at first, but then I realized that if I fold I lose even more, right?

There is a statistic in PokerTracker 4 called 'River Call Efficiency' which is the ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river and you can use that alongside your filter(s). You can also compare your results to other players or the population as a whole.
mynameismars1 wrote:Anyway is there a way I could get "combined" results so overall how my specific hand category is doing including folding?

There is a statistic called 'Final Hand' which will group a report by hand strength but if you want more specific hand groupings than what is displayed there then that would require a custom statistic.
mynameismars1 wrote:Also same with bluffing river it shows me losing numbers but what would be the easiest way to compare that to checking and possibly losing even more.

mynameismars1 wrote:I didnt find "edit post". I have one more question is it possible to check "profitability" for only one street (river in that case) while ignoring previous streets so check would always be at least 0 folding would be 0 etc.
Or is the only way to get "average pot size on the river" and then comapre and substract from that?

The size of the pot at the start of each street is stored in the database as is the amount each player contributes so you could build custom statistics to display the data you want to see. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Postby socito » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:36 am

How should be interpreted the "River Call Efficiency" stat?
socito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:15 pm

In PokerTracker 4 that's the ratio of the total amount won on the river to the total amount called on the river so the breakeven point is 1. Rake taken from the pot is not included and only hands that are river calls and check-calls are used (bet-calls and raise-calls are excluded).
Flag_Hippo

Postby socito » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:07 am

ty a lot, then if I understand, as higher is the number better would be our calls?
socito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 pm

Yes although if the ratio is very high then that could indicate something else like a player is folding too much in this scenario.
Flag_Hippo

Postby socito » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:00 am

nice, got it, ty
socito

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles