Filters w/ Player tags by color

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filters w/ Player tags by color

Postby jpo010 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:45 am

I'm looking to generate a filter where I can look at standard formations vs. players who are tagged with a specific color in my DB.

I have already built out formation filters such as 2BP IP PFR, 2BP IP PFC etc. I typically tag "fish" profiles as green. I'm looking to create a filter for specifically "2BP IP PFR vs. FISH" etc. for all of the formations. Is there any way to do this in quick filters, or in the reports section?
jpo010

Re: Filters w/ Player tags by color

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:00 pm

Something like this would require a custom expression filter with a subquery in 'My Reports'. For example:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (select chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps where chps.id_player in (select cc.id_player from cash_cache cc where true group by cc.id_player having ((sum(cc.cnt_vpip) * 1.0) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) * 1.0) - sum(cc.cnt_walks) * 1.0) >= .50) and chps.position = 8)

You can use this expression filter by clicking on the 'Filters' link and selecting 'Add New Expression Filters'. This particular expression will filter for players with a VPIP of 50% or more in the BB but you might need something else depending on exactly what you want (maybe the player limped) and how you are defining what a 'Fish' is.
Flag_Hippo

Postby jpo010 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote: you might need something else depending on exactly what you want (maybe the player limped) and how you are defining what a 'Fish' is.

Thank you for this Hippo! To clarify, there is no way to write an expression filter to filter for every hand where villain who VPIP is tagged with a color (green is "fish" tag) ? If not, another one I use is the gap between VPIP and PFR. Is there a way to write an expression filter for a player where VPIP - PFR = a certain number?
jpo010

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:24 am

jpo010 wrote:To clarify, there is no way to write an expression filter to filter for every hand where villain who VPIP is tagged with a color (green is "fish" tag) ?

It might be possible but I don't have a method for that myself.
jpo010 wrote:If not, another one I use is the gap between VPIP and PFR. Is there a way to write an expression filter for a player where VPIP - PFR = a certain number?

Yes you can do that by subtracting PFR from the VPIP already in the query. For example this will filter for hands where the player in the BB had a VPIP 20 points higher than PFR:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (select chps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics chps where chps.id_player in (select cc.id_player from cash_cache cc where true group by cc.id_player having (((sum(cc.cnt_vpip) * 1.0) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) * 1.0) - sum(cc.cnt_walks) * 1.0) - ((sum(cc.cnt_pfr) * 1.0) / (sum(cc.cnt_pfr_opp) * 1.0))) * 100 = 20) and chps.position = 8)

If you need to make further changes see this guide for the basics on custom filters/statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different. For more on how SELECT works see here and while have not published the schema like we did for PokerTracker 3 the meaning of database fields haven't changed in any significant way. Also forum member 'Bininu' made their own schema document for PokerTracker 4 available in this thread.
Flag_Hippo

Postby jpo010 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Still working on writing an expression filter, to filter for a player who VPIP & is tagged with a specific color (green, in this isntance). I've dug this expression filter up from the forum archives, but it does not appear to be working for me. Any tweaks or modifications necessary?

cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (
SELECT thps.id_hand from cash_hand_player_statistics thps, notes n
WHERE thps.id_player = n.id_x AND thps.flg_vpip = true
AND n.id_color = 2
)

Source: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... r&start=20
jpo010

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:51 pm

How exactly is it not working for you?
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles