Board Texture Stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Board Texture Stat

Postby dauv » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:38 am

I'd like to create a custom stat, that categorizes the board texture as a custom stat.

I know it's possible to filter based on board texture, but I'm hoping someone could help giving me some pointers, on how I make it into a statistic.

I was thinking it should work something a long the lines of:
All cards single suit = monotone
All cards of different suit = rainbow
2 cards of same suit = flushdraw
2 cards of same rank = paired

Etc. and combination of above.

-Dauv
dauv

Re: Board Texture Stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 am

dauv wrote:I'd like to create a custom stat, that categorizes the board texture as a custom stat.

I know it's possible to filter based on board texture, but I'm hoping someone could help giving me some pointers, on how I make it into a statistic.

I was thinking it should work something a long the lines of:

Presumably this is for the flop rather than the turn so:
dauv wrote:All cards single suit = monotone

Code: Select all
(cash_hand_summary.card_1 > 0 and cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) and cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13))

dauv wrote:All cards of different suit = rainbow

((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13)) != (cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13)) and (cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13)) != (cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13)) and (cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13)) != (cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13)))

dauv wrote:2 cards of same suit = flushdraw

((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) and cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) != cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13)) OR (cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13) and cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) != cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13)) OR (cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) and cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13) != cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13)))

dauv wrote:2 cards of same rank = paired

(cash_hand_summary.card_1 > 0 and ((cash_hand_summary.card_1  % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_2 % 13) OR  (cash_hand_summary.card_1  % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_3 % 13) OR (cash_hand_summary.card_2  % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_3 % 13)))

This post has more information on how the modulo function works if you want to filter for different situations. You can also get these types of expressions for use in custom statistics by enabling logging in PokerTracker 4 (Configure -> Options), create a built-in filter for what you want and then extract the query from the log file by opening it in a text editor. You can access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File -> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the log file is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dauv » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply & examples!

Presumably this is for the flop

Yes that is correct

I'm not too familiar with PT4 stat syntax yet, but I've worked with other programming languages. Is it possible to combine the scripts above to a switch like statement, to be used as an statistic? IE. the "flop board texture" stat would be = Rainbow/2flush/Monotone/paired etc.
dauv

Postby dauv » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Just to clarify, I want to create it as a hand statistic, for reviewing hands, so I can easily sort on board types.
I tried validating the formulas in the create custom statistic, but didn't work out. I'm most likely doing something wrong.
dauv

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:37 am

They do validate if you go to 'Configure -> Statistics -> Hand -> Columns'. You would need to create custom hand columns for each board texture you want and then you can format the output in a custom statistic using those columns - see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dauv » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:48 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:They do validate if you go to 'Configure -> Statistics -> Hand -> Columns'. You would need to create custom hand columns for each board texture you want and then you can format the output in a custom statistic using those columns - see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.

Awesome, will do! Thanks a lot for helping out :)
dauv

Postby socito » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:48 am

dauv wrote:All cards single suit = monotone

(cash_hand_summary.card_1 > 0 and cash_hand_summary.card_1 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_1 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) and cash_hand_summary.card_2 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_2 - 1) % 13) = cash_hand_summary.card_3 - ((cash_hand_summary.card_3 - 1) % 13))

This would be a boolean right? How should I saved it?
Attachments
monotone.png
socito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:37 am

If you want to display that as a boolean you would set that in the 'Stats' section. For example displaying a checkmark would be:

bool.PNG
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles