Need Help with Expression Filters, Player Positions & Action

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Need Help with Expression Filters, Player Positions & Action

Postby J005 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:19 pm

In an All Players report, I'm analyzing hole cards for different scenarios for a 4-max Cash game where each player can either fold or go all-in.

I'm able to construct most scenarios by using Simple Filters. For example:
CO goes all-in
BB goes all-in after BU goes all-in (SB & CO fold)
BU goes all-in after BU & SB go all-in
etc.

However I can't construct these situations with Simple Filters:
BB goes all-in after CO & BU go all-in (SB folds)
BB goes all-in after CO & SB go all-in (BU folds)
SB goes all-in after CO & BU go all-in
SB goes all-in after CO goes all-in (BU folds)

In the Simple Filters I can easily specify the position of the First Raiser and the Active Player, but I can't specify the positions and actions of other players.
If somebody could help with constructing the above scenarios with Expression Filters I'd be really grateful.

Something along the lines of the following structure where I can easily modify it myself for different situations would be useful:
CO (all-in), BU (fold), SB (all-in), BB (all-in OR fold)

PS. I can easily specify the position of the Active Player in Simple Filters, so you don't necessarily need to include it in the expression
J005

Re: Need Help with Expression Filters, Player Positions & Ac

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:56 am

To do this with expression filters you could use the "aggressors" and/or "actors" strings which are a series of numbers which represent the positions of each player to make an aggressive action (the "aggressors" string) or put money in (the "actors" string) in order. The preflop aggressors string always starts with the BB position (8), the second number is the position of the 2bettor and the third the position of the 3bettor. The actors string records the positions of the players who VPIP'd (raised or called) in order. See this post for more information on how the actors and aggressors strings work. Therefore in a game where players can only go all-in or fold you could just use the actors string e.g:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p = '108'

This code would mean that the CO, BTN and BB VPIP'd in that order however please bear in mind this expression will not filter specifically to all-in or fold hands if you have other types of cash game hands in your database.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Need Help with Expression Filters, Player Positions & Ac

Postby J005 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:58 am

Thank you!
J005

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles