Custom BB Amount not showing summation in summary line

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom BB Amount not showing summation in summary line

Postby o0Q0o » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:20 am

Attempting to create a custom column in a hand report. I've been able to create the custom stat successfully. Added the custom stat to a report successfully.

Need help with the summary line.

At the bottom of most reports is a summary line. For example, Hand # lists unique hand number in each row. The summary line provides a count of the hands.

Another example is BB Won. Each won shows the BB amount won or lost. The summary row shows the summation of the BB amounts won or lost.

My custom column shows BB Won for non-showdown amounts only. How do I get the summary row to show the summation of the BB amounts won or lost?

Thank you.
o0Q0o

Re: Custom BB Amount not showing summation in summary line

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:54 am

You can format the output of the summary line using the 'Summary Type:' field for your custom statistic although you may need to create a new custom column to sum the amount for those hands - see this thread.
Flag_Hippo

Postby o0Q0o » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 pm

Would you please provide additional guidance?

The example your reference seems to have created some custom columns. I have not created any custom columns. You mention duplicating the existing columns.

I have only created a custom stat. So I don't know what columns I should duplicate to follow your example.

I've included a screenshot of what I have so far. It works for the individual rows in the report, but not the summary.

What do you recommend as my next step(s)?

Thank you.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.49.38 PM.png
o0Q0o

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:40 am

You need to create a custom column that sums the total amount of bb won in that spot using sum(if[, 1, 0]) instead of just (if[, 1, 0]). You can then reference that column in the ''Summary Type:' field for your custom statistic.
Flag_Hippo

Postby o0Q0o » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 pm

Thank you for the additional help.

The custom column and stat both appear to work. Testing the validation for each SQL statement returned positive results.

Unfortunately, adding the new stat to a report produces an error. Attached you'll find a screen shot.

What do you recommend next? Should we open a support request with tech support?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 11.28.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 11.28.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 11.27.45 AM.png
o0Q0o

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm

I created a different version for you:

BB Won NSD.zip
(406 Bytes) Downloaded 48 times
Flag_Hippo

Postby o0Q0o » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:40 pm

The custom stat you provided works beautifully. Thank you so much.

Noticed your version did not include sum(if[expression,1,0]). Does the Sum operator get added by selecting Sum in the Summary for the custom column amt_bb_won_nsd?

If the summary line in the report uses the Summary created in the Columns, what purpose does the Summary in the Stats serve?
o0Q0o

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:52 am

o0Q0o wrote:Noticed your version did not include sum(if[expression,1,0]). Does the Sum operator get added by selecting Sum in the Summary for the custom column amt_bb_won_nsd?

Yes.
o0Q0o wrote:If the summary line in the report uses the Summary created in the Columns, what purpose does the Summary in the Stats serve?

Where a different format is required or a reference to another column is needed as per the example I linked you to earlier where the hand statistic is a checkbox but a value was desired on the summary line. While you built a custom statistic that worked for each hand you never had a column that summed the amount of BB won in non showdown pots.
Flag_Hippo

Postby o0Q0o » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 am

Thank you for your time and responses.

Have been enjoying PokerTracker. Creating custom stats and reports provides wonderful insight and is fun too. Have been reading the tutorials y'all have placed online. Still needed the help you provided to create the latest custom stat.

Appreciate the fast response times. Thank you.
o0Q0o

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles