Colors in reports

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Colors in reports

Postby Waingro13 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:01 pm

Hello,
I have created a number of custom stats and used the color tab to assign colors as a function of the values.
I have chosen the colors to work well in a HUD, i.e. on a black background.
If I use these custom stats in a players report, I have to change the background to black in order to make it easily readible.
The problem is if I add some original stats, such as player names, they are written in black...on a black background!
How can I solve this issue? Is it possible to change the color of the foreground of some columns in a report or do I have to create a custom stat only for changing the policy color?
Waingro13

Re: Colors in reports

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:59 am

For color conditions there are two checkboxes for 'HUD' and 'Tracker' so if you don't need to see the HUD colors in a report you can disable the 'Tracker' option. You can also use that option to set different color conditions for the report vs your HUD.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Waingro13 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:28 am

Yes I do know that but I also need the colors in the report but reports have a white background and HUDs generally have a black background, hence appropriate colors differ dependending on where they are used.
So since it seems that it is not possible to assign different color sets to the reports and the HUD, respectively, my question was how to cope with this issue? Changing the background of the reports is possible but not by columns, hence columns with not colored stats, typiquement original stats such as player name, are no longer visible since their police is black.
Waingro13

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 am

Waingro13 wrote:So since it seems that it is not possible to assign different color sets to the reports and the HUD, respectively, my question was how to cope with this issue?

This is possible, as I mentioned at the end of my original reply, by setting different color conditions for reports (the 'Tracker' option) vs your HUD - see this example:

waingro13.PNG
waingro13.PNG (10.42 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Flag_Hippo

Postby Waingro13 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:30 am

So I suspect I misunderstood something. I believed that conditions were ordered from top to bottom and only the first that returns true is applied. For instance:
<condition 1> <color 1>
<condition 2> <color 2>
<condition 3> <color 3>
What happens if condition 1 is true, condition 2 is false and condition 3 is true? color 1 or color 3?
If condition 1 is true, is condition 2 tested or not?
Waingro13

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Waingro13 wrote:So I suspect I misunderstood something. I believed that conditions were ordered from top to bottom and only the first that returns true is applied.

That's correct when more than one condition is true but it doesn't apply in the example I gave because one color condition is set as specific to the HUD and the other is specific to reports.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles